On The Couch

ℙ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕝
'That rave sure was something, or was it a concert? I'm not sure, social human gatherings confuse me.'

My hands slid through the water of the sink, light splashes falling from the plate into the soapy water reminded me of the ocean. And the ocean reminded me oh Shawn.

'I can't believe she actually kissed me, and I like it.'

I reluctantly touch my lip.

'Amethyst and I have went through a lot this past few years but...'

Garnet walks out of the temple and stops in my direction, I look back at her with a regular morning face and spoke.

"Hey Garnet."

She nodded and waved back.

"Hey Pearl."

Usually when she'd act like this she's could tell that something, anything was up. And decided to stay out of it since the altercation with Sapphire all those years ago. I never did get a concrete answer but whatever. Garnets loud foot steps trailed out of the house and down the stairs. And I was alone again in the house. Steven was at Connie's, and Amethyst is over at Vidalia's.

'Jeez, everyday feels the sane. Why did that have to change last night?'

Hearing loud and heavy foot stomps yet again I was wondering why Garnet was back , dye had important Gem duties to attend to.
Turning around and opening the front door I start.

"Garnet what are you doing back?"

"Hey Pearl."

'....Oh...'

"Shawn."

She allowed herself in and I sat on the couch.

"I'm making tea but I'm afraid you can't stay long."

"Aww, trying to chuck me out already baby?"

'Baby?'
My eyes collided with hers and I raised my brow in frustration.

"Shawn."

"Come on Pearl we both know it's true!"

I stood up slamming both my hands on the coffee table , I glared at her as she got closer.

"Shawn Rios! I am a married women, you can't keep doing things like that-"

Her finger tips lightly tapped my chin and lifted my lips up to hers. I pushed her back with enough force to knock her over and walk in front of her so he could clearly see me face to face.

"I think you should go."

"And I think you should know..."

I paused at her.

"What are you plotting?"

"You should be asking that to your plum colored wife."

'What is she?'
I breathed in and out despite not having to, it was a way to release stress. Even for gems.

"What do you know?"

"Amethyst has been visiting me periodically to specifically tell me to stop talking to you, even blocking my number from your phone."

My eyes and ears couldn't believe it, but honestly...that's about what I'd expect from my relationship. Had she not trusted me?! I was going to tell her I...

"Honestly Pearl I really don't think she's good for you."

"Yeah...I think you're right. But that's MY call to make."

Hearing lighter footsteps I turned to see Amethyst. She seemed rather confused as to why Shawn was here but ultimately she was indifferent.

"Hey Pearl, hey Shawn...what are y'all talking about?"

Brushing my hair back I closed my eyes.

"Both of you, on the couch."