Inside Of Opal

ℙ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕝

"You said you trusted me. You accepted that I was over Rose and that....you loved me. But you continue not to prove it to me."

Her eyebrows went up and she started to step closer by the table.

"Pearl I..."

"I'm not finished....Sorry..."

I took a deep sigh facing Shawn.

"And Shawn....you say you care about me as well, but you kissed me. I told you I was married and you still kissed me."

"WHAT?!"

Amethyst started to stomp towards her but I stood up blocking her path.

"Amethyst! You cannot get so angry with her. If it weren't for you blocking her number on my phone I would have told her myself. We could have had an honest conversation and I would let her know how things are now."

My hand slid onto my forehead.
I didn't want to deal with this, feeling my gem I could really understand the age process that had happened on my mental state.

"Both of you, I'm tired."
I spoke.

"Pearl, look, I know I'm not like perfect or whatever but we're married! You told me when you proposed that we would start over, that we could be happy. You said you-"

"AMETHYST I NEVER WANTED TO MARRY YOU!"

I started to burst into tears,

"Pearl?"
Amethyst questioned, she seemed hurt and teary eyed. Who could blame her though? Her wife just confessed her worst fear.

"You don't....love me?"

She looked over at the floor then sighed,

"I know why, it's because I'm not good enough. I'm sorry, I should've listened better, I should've done things better Ya know, ha...I...we can go to counseling .....we can still make this work..."

I put a hand over my mouth trying to hold back the tears, I couldn't stand to sit here and break her heart. Of course I love her, I just accept that we're not good for each other now...I see that, it's the right thing to do.

"Please don't leave me..."

"It's not that I don't love you Amethyst, I just know now that marriage won't fix our problems."

My head shook,
She fell to the ground and started to cry even more. Wiping away her tears her hair swayed in front of her face.

"THIS ALL YOUR FAULT."

Amethyst summoned her whip,
And before I knew it she was halfway across the room toward Shawn. She seemed absolutely petrified. But for some reason it didn't seem to be from the attack heading her direction,

Once she stopped her arm raised above her head and started to bring her whip down onto her.

"AMETHYST"

I grabbed a hold onto her whip and pulled the purple gem close to me, my gem started to shimmer delicately in the light.

"Let's form Opal, please."

She froze dropping her weapon,
"We'll just fall apart Pearl.."

My eyebrows furrowed,
Eventually she closed her eyes, as did I.

"Sorry, Shawn. But we need a moment..."
I spoke calmly, we formed into a ball of light and before i could tell ...

𝕆𝕡𝕒𝕝

I was back,
But.....Everything felt....different.

I wasn't in the temple.

I'm in... our mind?

I walked slowly down the white void,
Seeing and feeling old memories, old emotions, back to where this whole thing started.

Pearl and Amethyst were sitting at one particular memory, my eyes widened at the sight of them though. I decided not to disturb them and sat behind the two.

Pearl looked meekly over to Amethyst.
"Pearl, why did you ask to marry me then if you never loved me?"

Pearl cringed at the thought, she doesn't want Amethyst to think that she never loved her, of course she did. She just....Didn't think....

"Fully about my true feelings, I'm sorry Amethyst. I do love you but I realized that, In order to finish healing i must learn to fully love myself. All your criticisms over the years got me thinking and you're right, I'm a selfish, uptight, entitled asshole who needs to learn to cope and get over the loss of my leader."

She started to tear up, just looking at her I did too.

"Im obsessed, and was always smothering to Steven."

Part of me strongly wants to fight back, Pearl doesn't deserve to make herself feel that way. She needs to know-

"Pearl! That's not true, You said things you thought would protect me, I-I-I kept fukin up."

She started to tear up letting tears fall down her face. Her leg was shaking rather anxiously while she cried. She wasn't facing Pearl but looked like she was. Memories of things I..she..had done popped up below us.

"Pearl, I'm just a defective low life who ask children for marital advice. I killed my marriage ha ha.. don't pretend like i didn't, you just proved that. But I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I apologize for it all'!"

She sucked her breath in and big her lip tight shaking her head slowly left to right.

"You deserve better, Im just not good at relationships."

Pearl put a hand on her shoulder,

"No....We're just not good for each other. We all still have to heal."

Pearl reached back and gripped onto my knee, looking directly in my eyes amethysts followed.

"All of us."

Tears poured directly from my eyes and into my hands as I fell back. The two of them laughed and came by to hold on and laugh cry as well.

Everything went bright and we were back...i was back in the temple. My eyes slowly drifted outside the door and I followed out and onto the porch.

I infused, and there she was.

"Pearl, will this..."

"Amethyst we are brings that live on for centuries, trust me, we are nowhere near the ends of our Final Chapters."

Amethyst smiled.

"Ok p, see ya."

"Ha...See ya...Amethyst.

Amethyst and Pearl went their separate ways. One going into the ocean, the other stepping back inside of the house. And as for Shawn...She went home.

This may seem sudden but everyone needs time.

TO BE CONTINUED....
(Maybe? Idk up to you)
(comment)