Stopping For Gas

𝔸𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕪𝕤𝕥
Driving down the road in Steven's car we're headed towards a Concert in Empire City, Steven and Connie were in front seats, pearl and I were in the and that bitch Shawn is riding beside us on her motorcycle. "I hope that bitch crashes and dies." I say under my breath, no one seemed to hear it due to the music that was blaring. Steven moved his roof mirror and looked at me, "Everything's alright back there?" I nod my head  and smile, he re adjusts it and continues to drive. Pearl was asleep on my shoulder, we had been driving for a while now.  "I think it's bout time to stop for gas." Steven says looking at his Gas Gage."There should be a gas station here." Connie points.

I look at Shawn who was riding her motorcycle and grunts, Steven then turns the music down a bit, "Amethyst you don't look too happy, you ok?" I glance at Pearl then back at Steven. "No, I told Shawn to leave Pearl alone and here she comes showing up at the temple." "Why would you do that aren't you two on good terms?" Steven questioned. "No! She's totally obsessed, I blocked her number on Pearl's phone and everything and she's still trying to talk to her." "Romantically?" Steven adds, I shake my head no. Connie looks at Steven with her eyebrow raised and he clears his throat.

"Amethyst you can't control the people she hangs around that's not your place, how long have you been talking to her?" Steven then adds, "Ever since we got married, but that Rose wanna be just keep interfering and won't leave us alone. I keep telling her she's not into dead ex-" Steven glows pink and swerves the car side ways. "What's wrong!?" Pearl wakes up looking around cautiously. "N-nothing Pearl, I'm sorry everyone." Steven speaks, Shawn gets off of her  motorcycle and comes up to Steven's window, "Everything ok?"

"Yeah yeah, hey Connie and Pearl how about ya'll ride with Shawn to the Concert. We'll handle this ok?" Connie put her hand on Steven's shoulder, "Yes Connie, I'm fine." Connie smiles and walks with Pearl to Shawn's Motorcycle, "Be careful you two!" Pearl says waving goodbye.
I was absolutely pissed, how could he just hand Pearl over to her. "What the heck man!?"

"NO! WHAT THE FUCK AMETHYST!?" Steven shouted glowing pink, "You can't just talk like that!"
He exited the car looking at the damage, luckily nothing was harmed. He sighed in relief and stopped glowing. "Thanks to your little outburst we could've died, you're so lucky,  it could've been worse." I get out of the car as well. "Look I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that." I say, I did feel bad, but Shawn still was in the wrong for doing what she did.

"Help me push it?" Steven asks with a smile, I smile as well and it's almost like pushing a shopping cart. Steven's grown so much. Once at the gas station steven goes in and pays for it.

He comes out of the store and I lean on the car annoyed as he fills the tank. "I don't see why she just can't get her own girl." I say quietly, Steven rolled his eyes and grunted. "Are we seriously still on about that?" He takes the pump out and walks over to me. "Look! I don't know what to do about her, not like I can fight her. What should I do!?" Steven grabbed the bridge of nose and growled.

"AMETHYST! I'm not fourteen anymore! I'm not going to just go left and right helping others with their issues despite my own. I have my own life too." He walks away to the left with his hands deep in his pockets. "Dude why are you being such a jerk?" "Amethyst I have my own life now, and you're an adult. You should be able to handle something as simple as talking to another person. Besides I've been helping you two for the past four years even before your stupid romance."

I flinch a bit at Steven's words, "I don't even see how you two can stand each other, you're both clearly toxic to one another, if anything y'all should be apart." I stay quiet not really knowing what to do or say. We're we really that toxic? "S-Steven I..."

"No Amethyst....I'm sorry, just please don't bring up...my mom into your arguments again. I didn't come back to beach city to re enter my trauma I tried to take a break from." I nod and we both enter the car, this time I'm in the front seat, we stayed quiet the whole way through.

'Who knew all of this would happen when we were just stopping for gas?,