Chapter 5

Nandini was getting ready in her room for the party, she was wearing a beautiful pink embroidered lehenga and her hair were in curls. Now all she had to do was put on the earrings and necklace. The earrings were easy but when she got to the necklace, Nandini had trouble with the clasp, its a bit defective but its was a gift from her mother-in-law so she loved it alot.

"Manik!" Nanini called out to her husband, "Mujhe paata hai ke tum already 100% tayyar ho, now come outside and help me!"

"Aa raha hoon, aa raha hoon baba." Manik emerged from the bathroom wearing a black kurt with a golden vest ontop, looking dashing as always. When he finally looked to Nandini, he stopped in his tracks and admired her.

 When he finally looked to Nandini, he stopped in his tracks and admired her

(Manik & Nandini's Outfits)

"Manik help me with the clasp na?" Nandini asked, looking at Manik through the reflection on the mirror. Manik came up behind he, put the clasp on and softly kissed Nandini's bare back, making her shiver while also surprised. "Manik!"

Manik smirked as Nandini looked around the empty room embarassed as if there was an audience and then pulled her closer. As he gave another kiss on her neck, Nandini held her breathe and closed her eyes.

"Manik...kya kar rahe ho?"

"Main? Im not doing anything, kar toh tum rahe ho." Manik replied.

"Main kya kar rahi hoon?" Nandini just looked confused. 

"Ab kisi ki biwi agar itni khubsoorat lagegi toh bechara pati khud ko kaise control kar payega?" Manik turned Nandini around and looked at her with a naughty smile.

"Manik Malhotra...tumhara na kuch nahi ho sakta." Nandini laughed and playfully hit his chest. "Wahan niche sab humara intezaar kar raha hai aur tum romance karne ke mood mein ho....like seriously?"

"Obviously...I have an idea. Hum dono na, bhaag jaate hai yahan se. From the balcony....nobody will know." Manik said. Nandini looked at him horrified.

"Manik! Yeh party hum dono ke liye hai! We cant just leave....aur vaise bhi aaj Laksh ki girlfriend aane wali hai." 

Manik's eyed narrowed as Nandini's voice changed from scolding to excited. "Why do I feel like tum humare anniversary se zyada Laksh ki girlfriend se milne ke liye excited ho?"

"Because I am." Nandini stated bluntly, making Manik's jaw drop open. "Anniversary toh teesri hai lekin Laksh ki girlfriend se pehli baar milungi main."

Manik just stared at Nandini with his mouth open, trying to figure out if he heard clearly. Smiling, Nandini closed Manik's mouth.

"Burra mat mano Manik...but.....priorities you know." Nandini teased him before giggling and running out the door. Manik shook his head chuckling as he followed behind.

Manik met Nandini at the top of the staircase before the both came down together. The guests all stopped talking and watched the lovely couple. When they got to the bottom, one by one everyone came and wished them on their 3rd anniversary.