Chapter 14

"ROSHNI!/DI!!!" Everyone yelled as they saw Roshni covered in blood, at the bottom of the stairs. Nandini got to Roshni first and carefully lifted her head onto her lap.

"Di! Roshni di....yeh kya ho gaya...kaise hua, kisne kiya?" Nandini cried. 

"Roshni!" Smita sobbed, seeing her daughter like this. The whole family were in tears. "Koi ambulance bulao! Somebody help!"

"Na...Nan...di...ni...." Roshni called it.

"Haan Di main yahi hoon..Kuch mat boliye aap....ambulance aa jayegi na, kuch nahi hoga aapko."

"D...D..Dh..Dho...ka....Dho...ka...Nan..dini..."

"Di!" Manik came running in with Cabir & Dhruv close behind. "Yeh...kya..."

"Dh...okha...dhoka...."

"Kisne kiya dhokha di? Kya bol rahe ho aap?" Nandini asked. Roshni started breathing heavily.

"Roshni....yeh kisne kiya?" Shravan asked his wife with tears, "Batao mujhe kisne kiya main chodunga nahi usko....."

Everyone was surrounding her.

"Nan..di.....GASP...ni....GASP....wo...." Roshni started lifting her hand up to point at someone but before she could, she took her last breathe and her hand dropped down into Nandini's lap and her head fell to the side, her eyes still open but completely lifeless.

"DIIIIII!!!!! ROSHNI!!!!!!!" Everyone screamed. 

"NAHI!" Shravan gathered Roshni in his arms and sobbed. "ROSHNI!" 

"No no no...Di...Di wake up...wake up DI!" Manik screamed. Nandini had tears running down her face.

"Roshni! MERI BACHI!" Smita sobbed in her husbands arms. Nyonika and Raj cried. The Malhotra family was a mess while the Khanna family were also in tears.

"DI!" Mukti shook Roshni trying to make her wake up. "Pls Di, wake up....kuch boliye...pls!"

Nandini slowly took her hands and closed Roshni's eyes and then hugged her breaking down. "Roshni Di!"

Lavanya stood to the side, annoyed. "Yeh ladki phirse bach gayi....agar yeh Roshni beech mein nahi aayi hoti toh abhi sab Nandini ki mauth pe roh rahe hote."

************

After the funeral, everyone sat there numbly. There was a huge photo of Roshni with a garland around it.

 There was a huge photo of Roshni with a garland around it

Nandini remembered the first time she met Roshni.

*Flashback*

A 18 year old Manik brought 17 year old Nandini home for the first time.

"Mom, Dad...yeh Nandini hai. My girlfriend." Manik introduced.

"Namaste." Nandini whispered shyly.