Soul

You watched Polnareff glare at Avdol and start to walk away with his fists clenched and a look in his eye you hadn't seen before.

He wasn't usually like this, not from what you had seen of his behavior so far. But, you could understand him to some extent. If someone harmed your little brother and did horrible things to him, you wouldn't forgive whoever was responsible for the rest of your life span and the next lifetime. It would undoubtedly change you from your carefree and childish personality into what Polnareff was now.

His little sister had been shamed and taken from him, and you couldn't help but think of what would happen to B/n if you weren't around to help him. You grew up with protection always with you, Candy Shop. But B/n only had you and your mother, and now that you were gone, it was only your mom. You didn't like that, especially after being targeted by DIO. As the elder sister, if anyone were to die, you'd rather it be you above B/n.

No one stopped Polnareff as he walked away, getting further from you with each step he took.

What now? Is that just it? Are we just dropping him from the company?

You glanced at Avdol and Joseph, but they weren't doing anything. Avdol had already tried, and Joseph already knew Polnareff couldn't be reasoned with.

Joseph was the first to walk back into the restaurant. The rest of you followed one by one, but Avdol stayed outside for a few moments longer than the rest of you. It felt quiet when you entered the restaurant and sat down. One seat was empty at the table.

"What does everyone want to eat?"

Joseph spoke, picking up the menu again. You also looked at the menu. Despite not feeling that hungry anymore, you knew that you needed to eat something. Your mom wasn't here to scold you about missing lunch because you were too immersed in watching tv or about not eating a proper meal. You had to catch yourself now.

Even so, you weren't in the mood to eat.

That night -

After Polnareff left, the rest of the day felt bland and depressing. He was just out there. Alone. You knew he wasn't weak and that he could handle himself, you also knew he felt like he had to do this alone, but there was strength in numbers and he was emotional.

Polnareff didn't show up for dinner, nor did he come to the hotel you were staying at for a room to stay in for the night. You assume he was either in a different motel or out searching for the stand user, not bothering to sleep or rest at all. It wouldn't surprise you if that were precisely what he was doing.

You were sitting on your hotel bed, mindlessly chewing on a piece of taffy as you stared at the wall and as the night got later by the minute. Your bag was on the ground next to the bed. Now that your lemon drops were gone, you lost half a bag of candy that you needed to replace.

You flopped on your back and swallowed the taffy, rolling onto your side and then wriggling under the covers. You punched the pillows and few times to make them less stiff and pulled the covers up because of how tightly they were tucked in. Like they were in every hotel.

You shifted under the covers for a while, readjusted your pillow a few times, and then let your body go limp and sink into the bed. Your eyes went back to being glued to the wall.

I can't remember the last time I felt this glum.

You exhaled deeply and shut your eyes, rolling over onto your other side and pulling the covers over your body more, all the way up to under your chin. You stayed still and waited to fall asleep.