Next Up

Varanasi, the place you were arriving in now after a long bus ride. Or maybe it wasn't long at all and you just felt sluggish the whole drive. Either way, you dragged your feet as you got off the bus with what was left of the crusaders along with a beautiful young woman, Nena. One that Hol Horse had tricked apparently. You weren't sure, you missed when the crusaders met her due to your bladder being unable to hold its pee.

"Are you feeling ill?"

Kakyoin ask you when he noticed you weren't as energized as usual. No funny puns, no sounds of candy wrappers crinkling, no out of the blue smiling to yourself.

"My candy stash is running low. The candy I do have... well, I'm saving that for something."

Your shoulders were slumped and you hung your head, sounding defeated.

"And my lemon drops were stolen when we first arrived in India. I'm trying to save what little candy I can eat, but that's just a few packs of gum, two chocolate bars that have melted about three times, and a caramel. Plus, if I'm remembering this right, a single pack of licorice. That's not a lot."

While you spoke, Joseph showed his infected bug bite to Polnareff, who suggested he go to a clinic before it got worse.

"That is a lot of candy."

Jotaro countered what you said.

"Jotaro, I believe we should all know by now how large of a sweet tooth Y/n has and how high her level of sugar consumption is. It's no surprise this is considered "being low on candy" to her. And why she looks so tired."

Polnareff patted Jotaro's shoulder.

"Well, while I'm at the doctor you can find a candy store to shop at."

You knew you didn't have any money.

"You're going to say, 'but I don't have any money.'"

"But I don't have any—"

You stopped and your eyes widened, you looked at Joseph and your face lit up. Your brightness returned from the fun surprise.

"Woah... how'd you know what I was going to say? Is it because of your stand?"

Joseph laughed and pulled his wallet out, gave you around $50, and you grinned.

"Just go buy some candy."

He spoke and you nodded quickly.

"Thanks a bunch, Mr. Joestar!"

You grabbed the 50 bucks, adjusted your backpack, and prepared to book it into town.

"You two go with Y/n."

You paused in running position, looking at Joseph who was addressing Joseph and Kakyoin.

"Why?"

Jotaro asked, it was clear he'd pass rather than have to watch you and make sure you didn't run into people sprinting from shop to shop in search of candy until you were satisfied. Which everyone knew would take more than just a few bags of sweets.

"It's safer to stick together with the danger of attacks always looming over our heads."

Joseph explained and you started bouncing on your toes. Kakyoin nodded to Joseph and turned in the direction you were facing, ready to follow you.

Jotaro pulled his hat down, shaking his head while you and Kakyoin started into town. He followed the two of you with his hands in his pockets while you were looking for anything sweet and Kakyoin was looking at the buildings. The architecture was a thing of beauty, you acknowledged that. But the most beautiful thing you saw was the colorful candies you spotted at the very end of the street in a small sweets stall. You grinned and licked your lips.