Mom said

"Awesome, I've never ridden a boat like this before."

You smiled to yourself as you set your bag down. You laid back in one of the beach chairs on deck and sighed contently. Jotaro sat next to you and Kakyoin on Jotaro's other side.

"Shut up."

Jotaro put his hands behind his head while Kakyoin held a book and while you pulled out your headphones.

"The trip to Singapore will take three days. Let's relax and enjoy the ride."

Joseph spoke and he shaded his eyes from the sun.

"But seriously, can't you do something about those school uniforms?"

Joseph pointed to Jotaro and Kakyoin.

"Are you going to wear them for the whole journey? Isn't it hot?"

You crossed your legs.

"Well, we are students. And students should behave as students."

"Hmph."

Kakyoin spoke and Jotaro just hmphed. Joseph looked at you and then pointed at you.

"What about Y/n? She's not wearing her uniform."

You were just listening to your music and pretending like you didn't hear him so you wouldn't be drawn into the small debate.

"That's different. You expect her to go on a fifty-day journey in a skirt?"

Jotaro spoke and you nodded.

"Even if I don't have my uniform, I can still behave like a student."

You grinned.

"And I have flashcards leftover in my bag that I forgot to leave out. I can still study."

Joseph hmphed like Jotaro had and crossed his arms.

"You're so stiff. I thought Y/n would be the most relaxed out of all of us."

You put your hands behind your head and tilted your head back.

"I probably am, but this girl right here is shooting for a scholarship. That way mom can use my college money for her retirement and relax. After B/n gets into college, of course."

Avdol hummed.

"That is very noble of you."

You raised your eyebrows.

"Is it? Well, shucks, you're going to make me blush."

You grinned and Avdol sighed, putting a hand on his forehead and shaking his head from your immaturity while Kakyoin smiled.

"That is very considerate. I'm sure your mom appreciates it."

You looked at Kakyoin and hummed a bit, thinking for a moment.

"She doesn't know about it. I don't want to promise her I'll get a scholarship if I can't keep it. If there's one truly cruel and ruthless thing, it's making someone believe you and trust you only to betray them later."

You closed your eyes to relax, not seeing the reactions of the guys. Avdol and Joseph looked a little surprised at how mature and logical it sounded, Jotaro didn't care, Kakyoin was nodding his head in agreement, and Polnareff was being Polnareff.

"Let go of me! Let go, you stupid sailor!"

You jolted from the loud voice and paused your music, sitting up and opening your eyes to see what the commotion was about and who was causing it.