Number 9, LOOK THEM IN THE EYE AIM NO HIGHER!

OMG I AM LIKE TWO WEEKS BEHIND I AM SO SORRY!

Life is crazy! I have four weeks of school left and I'm a little freaked out...

Anyways here I go!

Day Nine|||

After the disaster with Adam's yesterday, I don't think I can handle going to work today.

I look dead, haunted, like I need to sleep for a week.
I probably should, considering that I lost the ability to taste anything last night and random people are showing up in my visions when I'm awake.

Or are they real? They come and go, so maybe they are real.

God, I need a drink.

"Father? Please don't break that knife."
I looked down at the streak-knife I had in my hands, I had the tip of it pressed into the wooden chair I was sitting in, the metal bending.

I pulled it straight and the tip from out of the little dent in the wood, placing it on the table, and hiding my exhausted face from my daughter.

"Sorry, love."

"Dad, you need to get some sleep. I know you're having bad dreams but if you keep up like this you'll get sick!"

She put down her embroidery and took my hand, helping me up and enveloping me in a hug.

"Come on, let's quit for the afternoon, go visit him?"

I started at her suggestion.

...But what good is it, no one but probably Eliza understands that he is dead. Not dead, in a sence that we may someday see him again, like a soldier that was lost at war, but never coming back, so truely close to us, laying down just a few miles from here. He is still there! But something was taken from him, a simple light from behind his beautiful eyes.

There is something there that I cannot explain, what is it that truely causes a person to die? How is it that life came to us in the first place, the magic that brings another breath to my lungs, but will never again for him?

"Dad?"

I close my eyes, and nod.

"Yes, lets see him today."

Theodosia lets go, pulling my hand from hers as she moseys off to put on her darker dress, undoubtedly.

I simply pull my black hat and purple coat on, rubbing sleep from my eyes.

When we showed up to the cemetary I spotted a familiar carriage.
As soon as I saw it, I yelled at our driver to turn the heck around.

"Father!? What is it!?" But from around the iron-wraught fence I saw her black dress, and I saw her eyes look up at the carriage.

I saw her see me.

Shit.

"TURN US AROUND, NOW, PLEASE." I demanded of tha cabbie, panicking.

I watched Eliza drop the flowers she was holding, Angelica and Angelica suddenly very confused, the younger clutching her mother's hand.

"Dad!" I jerked away from Eliza's searing eye contact and turned to my daughter in a panic.

She looked over my shoulder, and only sighed.

"Alright, no, we are not turning around. You stay here." She pointed a finger at me as she began to exit the carriage.

"Theodosia what are you doing!"

"MAKING THINGS BETTER! VISITING MY MOTHER!" She shouted in my face.