Chapter 6- That Missing Snitch

Years had gone by and I was now in my third year of Hogwarts. I hadn't let anyone else know of my talent for Quidditch and I had become good friends with Hermione and a boy called Neville Longbottom. Draco and I were still best friends and I did what he told me and steered clear of the Weasleys. During my time there, another Weasley had started school, a young girl called Ginny. I didn't pay any attention to her. For the Christmas holidays, I had decided to stay at Malfoy Manor so I could train constantly.

"Kyra, do me a favour will you? I accidently threw the snitch a bit too far and it landed on the other side of the hedge. Could you go and get it for me?" Draco said.

"Of course," I said, thinking nothing of it.

It wasn't until I had actually got to the other side of the hedge that it hit me. WEASLEYS!!!! I literally shook with fear. They wouldn't be outside at this time of day, would they? Apparently, they would. I took a step closer. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have a look at their tactics, would it? Nah! They were actually really good. I learnt that Ron was a good keeper, Ginny was a good Chaser and the twins were fantastic beaters. I hid behind a tree just in case they saw me.

What seemed like hours later, the four decided to take a break. And that's when everything went pear-shaped. Fred decided to come and sit under the tree I was hiding behind. I held my breath, waiting for him to leave. He didn't. Oh great!

I sneezed. He whizzed around to find me standing there. He chuckled to himself.

"Well, well, well. Kyra Smith, what are you doing here?"

"I-I-I got lost and-and-"

"You decided to stick around for a bit and watch my amazing skills? I knew you'd always had a bit of a thing for me."

NO! I mean, what on earth was he thinking?! Of course, I didn't have a thing for him. Well maybe a bit...

"Anyway," he continued, "I hear you're a good Seeker, we need one on our team. Fancy joining in?"

I could hardly say no. I mean, an oppurtunity to test your abilities is an oppurtunity taken. So he took me over to their playing field.

"Guys, I believe you all know Kyra. She's going to be our Seeker."

Ron sneered. "Isn't she the girl that hangs round with Malfoy? I do not want a slimy Slytherin on my team."

Slimy Slytherin, eh? I'd show him.

"FIRST OF ALL, YOU CAN TALK! WHO'S THE ONE THAT HAD SLIMY SLUGS PROTRUDING FROM HIS MOUTH LAST YEAR? THAT'S RIGHT! WE ALL KNOW! SECOND OF ALL, DRACO IS MY FRIEND SINCE BIRTH, YOU TWIT. THIRDLY, I AM A GRYFFINDOR, LIKE YOU! I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME RESPECT IF YOU WANT A PROPER QUIDDITCH MATCH!"

Ron stood back in astonishment. I laughed. I felt two people stand behind me. Fred and George.

"Wow, who knew that such a small person could have such a big mouth," said George bending down to pinch my cheeks.

"I will hex you," I said and he immediately backed away.

Ginny went off to go and get me a broom. Once she did the match had begun.

*******

The match had been fantastic. Both Ron and Ginny had told me that I should try for the Gryffindor team. I was absolutely ecstatic. Fred led me back to the hedge.

"Thanks," I said, "Today was great."

"Yeah. Um... I believe this is yours," he said giving me the missing snitch. I could tell something was up.

"What's wrong?" and with those two words, he kissed me.

I stood there numb with fear and excitement. Fear because I was kissing a guy from an evil family. Excitement? Well, there were so many reasons. I had liked this guy without even knowing it and it proved he liked me back and it was my first proper kiss, I was screaming inside.

We were standing for what seemed like ages.

And that's when I saw the flash of blonde hair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dun Dun Duh!!!!

Hey guys,

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Kyra and Fred kissed. AAAAAGHHHHHHHHH! Sorry it wasnt like all the others but I dont like writing about tongues and moans and stuff, It's just.... ugh! ( ask katieaeroplanebullimore/katieisanaeroplane or KayleighRoweoxo or RozaPetal for firsthand experience on that). I know I updated pretty soon but yet again don't get used to it. Remember to vote, comment and fan. Love you all!

LJ O.O