𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9: 𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚏'𝚜 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚎

The sound of tires screeching across the pavement breaks the silence that hangs over Beacon Hills

The sound of tires screeching across the pavement breaks the silence that hangs over Beacon Hills. A black Camaro whips arounds the corner at a high speed, two of the occupants holding on for dear life as the driver wore a bright smile.

Stiles, being it the passenger seat, holds onto the handle attached to the roof of the car. Scott was sat in the back, grabbing the seatbelt on either side of him, wrapping them around his body, as the speedometer reached 140 mph.

"Y/n, if you go any faster, you'll kill us before they have a chance to."

The girl looks at the rearview mirror, watching as the car behind them belonging to Kate Argent matches their speed, a foot in between the bumpers. Ignoring the boys' pleas, she presses the gas harder, literally flooring it as they leave Kate's car behind in a cloud of dust. Scott looks out the back window, watching as the hunter's car suddenly stops, before it turns to head in the opposite direction,

"They're gone." Scott mutters causing the girl to frown, before reluctantly stepping on the brake. The car begins to return to at least 10 mph above the speed limit.

They turn their heads at the sound of the police scanner in Stiles hands as it crackles to life. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

Y/n smiles before slamming her foot on the gas, launching Scott and Stiles back against their seats. Wrapping her hand around the handbrake, she pulls up on it as she jerks the wheel to the left, causing it to drift through the wide door leading into the iron works. The sound of gunfire echos around them as Y/n pulls up beside Derek, the wolf hiding behind a set of crates.

"Get in." Stiles mutters as he climbs into the backseat.

Derek launches his body into the car, barely able to shut the door behind him as Y/n slams on the gas, tires squealing as they escape the cops and the Argents.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott immediately snaps once Y/n drove them a safe distance away.

"Damn it, I had him!"

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles pokes his head out between the two seats.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."

"Oh, hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles trails off, Derek shooting him an annoyed look causing the boy to move towards the back.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek shoots a dark look at Scott causing the boy to roll his eyes.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

"All right. How did you find him?" Stiles cuts in, but Derek keeps his mouth shut. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

Y/n nods. "Yeah, all three of us." Derek glares at them causing the girl to roll her eyes. "Or just him. I'll be here. Totally not listening."

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out." Derek huffs. "She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."