( c. xavier ) fallingforyou

GENRE: fluff
WARNINGS: none.
NOTES: charliebuckj requested for a charles story where you're childhood friends. i wrote the back story and i obviously got carried away so there'll be apart 2 set in days of future past with more of the stuff you wanted lmao <3

loosely based off of 'fallingforyou' by the 1975. set just when first class starts!

- b.

___________________

"Do you remember what you said to me when we were younger?" He asked absently, watching the fire crackle from where you sat.

"Mm, yeah. I remember a lot. What are you talking about specifically, my love," The pet name fell from your mouth graciously, and he always felt warm whenever you used terms like that. Especially when they sounded so natural.

"How you'd finally let me kiss you when I was closer to your height," He explained, a smile in his voice even though you couldn't see his face from your position.

"You've been taller than me for a while, Charles," You looking up at him from under his grasp, your head tilted so that you were finally face to face.

"I know. . . I just thought about it now," He shook his head, as if it was a dumb to even have said.

"What? you've been thinking about kissing me?"

"Not exactly," That was a lie, he'd been thinking about that since he was at least middle school age, "Just about when we were kids."

"Oh?"

"Mmh. How you used to ride your bike to my house every day - I don't know," Charles told you honestly, remembering fondly the rusty red thing you took to his mansion almost ever day.

Though you were neighbours, you spent more time at his home than yours sometimes. It was a while away, because thats always how properties are with the rich - they like to own acres of unocuppied land. Your family had a plot down the road (in the most literal sense), having inherited it from a lineage of farmers before you. At any rate: your parents had owned it your whole life - and you spent all the time you weren't helping out with the cows and goats, sneaking off to visit Charles.

For as long as you could remember, your mom or dad took you on a daily trip to deliver fresh milk to the Xavier's. In return, they payed your family a pretty hefty sum, because you usually only sold to factories. Since you were young, you'd see the son of the Xavier's through the window, waving at him - your parents occasionally rolling down the window so that you could say 'hello'. Despite how little his mom approved at first, Charles was soon requesting to have you over to play tag, and yard games. The two of you were young, and neither of your parental figures could bring themselves to deny your blossoming friendship - particularly because both of you were so isolated from normal life and society. You were the only kids your age for miles, and both of you were home schooled.