( s. summers ) the sun will shine on us again

GENRE: angst & fluff !
WARNINGS: this imagine knows no timeline. i used plot points from wolverine: origins and merged it with apocalypse. soz.
NOTES: this was requested by Oscuritas ! i hope you don't mind that i changed some of the cybernetic parts ! some parts arent mentioned (ie. the chest which is covered through the imagine).

__________

Staying in the mansion should have made you feel accepted, and at home. Yet, instead, it seemed to make you feel even more alienated.

You weren't a mutant, just a freak of nature; a byproduct of experiments done on you when you were only ten years old. The rest of the people in the project were all mutants, and you never could understand why you were the exception.

The first man you remember meeting was Logan. You had been the only person in the facility for so long, but when they brought him in, they made this a big deal over him. You remembered him being cold in the beginning. He thought you were the child of one of the Doctors; that was, until he saw your left arm, constructed entirely of admimantium.

He kept you company for a while, until after they'd completed his surgery. You remembered hearing the sirens in the building go off, and you clamped your hands over your ears, scrambling into the corner of the room in hopes of blocking out all the sounds of crashing and gunshots.

You peered up at the doorway to see Logan in its light. He looked like he had just fought someone, his chest was heaving and his eyebrows were furrowed deeply - his claws out, but once he took one look at you, he'd melted.

"They - they did this to you?" Logan asked as his claws contracted, eyes swimming with sympathy, and a fiery concern. You could tell he was talking about his surgery. You'd done it a few months back, like a test subject for the real thing - which seemed to be him.

You simply nodded at his words, unable to speak as he slowly and cautiously made his way closer to you. The sirens were still wailing as he leaned down beside where you sat, concern on his brow as he placed a hand on your shoulder. You flinched, not used to comforting hands since you'd been taken from your parents so long ago.

"You don't deserve this kind of pain, kid. You deserve so much better," He told you. If he was barely able to withstand what they'd done, he didn't know how you'd even survived. "Let's gets out of here."

He grabbed you by the hand, and with your heart beating a mile a minute, you finally made your way out of the facility for the first time in over a year. The sun was setting, but you couldn't take the time to enjoy it; you just ran.

Logan and you didn't stay together, instead, he got some of his friends to look after you, knowing that they could take better care of you than he could. But it wasn't long before the men found you again.

They took your new family with them; doing nasty experiments on the people who had been so kind to you. After glimpsing them being taken away, you never saw them again. You didn't even get to say goodbye.

In your new recovery wing, you met someone who reminded you a lot of Logan. His name was Wade, and he had the same sense of humour that you couldn't understand. He cussed all the time, and you didn't get it, but you laughed anyway, thinking that he'd appreciate it. The doctors took him away often, but every time he'd come back smiling and chattering. He healed just as fast as Logan did.

One day, he'd sat on your hospital bed next you, smiling down at you with a certain sort of paternal kindness. "Whatever happens to me, and whatever happens to you, just know that it'll always get better. Alright? The sun will shine on us again, I promise it. Before you know it, people are gonna come and save us, and we'll be sipping Mojitos on a nondescript beach in no time. Okay, maybe a virgin one for you." You didn't completely understand what his words meant, but in that moment, you felt warmer than you had in a while. You understood the gist of it, and before you knew it, you were hugging him tight. You could tell he wasn't expecting it, because he froze up for a second. After a moment, his hand patted your back, and he hugged you in return.