( j. allerdyce ) stick around, pt. 2

GENRE: fluff
WARNINGS: none

NOTES: emil7y wanted a part 2 <33 i hope u like it!! hey guys im back! teehee. this was living in my head rent free so i decided to finish it! more stuff coming ofc xx

_________________

For the next couple of weeks, you noticed how he didn't linger anymore. Instead, he was right by your side unabashedly. He appeared to be attending more classes (maybe only the ones you shared with him), and he sat with you and Rogue at your lunch table without fail.

For the first few days you were disconcerted, but you naturally allowed yourself to become comfortable around him. You knew boys like Johnny had the tendency to sometimes play the long game just to get what they wanted - but it decidedly felt like he wasn't doing that.

You hadn't ever really seen him try quite to the extent that he did when he was hoping to gain your favour. Always offering you a polite smile, asking how you were (everyone knew how he didn't usually bother with that kind of stuff), walking with you between classes when you didn't even have to ask - offering to carry your books despite the fact that you could lift them quite alright by your own. But with the way it was going, it didn't take very long for you to form a familiar comfort around him. You weren't one to push people away when they first showed affection, even if you were usually awkward in the beginning.

It was nice to be appreciated, after all.

You knew Rogue would keep an eye out for you, and you mainly allowed yourself to actually let him in. And you'd never seen him more smiley. It was really nice, and it didn't take long for you to forget that he might have alterior motives at all. To you, he was a friend you were beyond thankful for.

Although he'd stopped openly hitting on you, his affection spilled over in other ways. Johnny didn't think he'd ever thought about someone as much as he did with you. Every time he was with you he was lost in your glow, trying not to touch when he knew it would scare you off. When you weren't there, he felt like you were the only thing on his mind: pictures of your pretty face lighten up by the sun, or the way you'd blushed when he wrapped an arm around you, or how you smiled genuinely at his little off-handed jokes that others didn't even hear.

You were thoughtful, and kind, and returned his affection without a hitch. That only served to torture him more when school broke up for the Summer, and he wasn't going to see you for longer than he'd care to dwell on. Just when he felt like you were finally connecting in a way that surprisingly didn't make him as terrified as he thought it would.