( h. mccoy ) doctor, doctor

GENRE: fluff fluff fluff !
WARNINGS: none :-)
NOTES: this was requested by ohmyvalkyrie ! sorry i forgot, but i hope you like it !

__________

You hadn't been teaching at Charles Xavier's school for very long when you heard the first buzz of a story from a passing student.

Everyone seemed to be dead set on the idea of you and Dr. Hank McCoy becoming a couple. It only made sense, given the fact that you were the most intellectual teachers there, were both scientist, and both incredibly shy and awkward.

The latter of course being the only things stopping the two of you from ever speaking, and forming a connection. One of the reasons everyone thought you suited each other best, was pretty much the biggest reason why you weren't together in any way, shape, or form - you found it to be just a little ironic.

You were constantly hearing things from the students about it all, even after a few weeks of still not having talked to the object of your supposéd affection yet.

"She and Mr. McCoy would be cute together, don't you think?" You heard a girl ask her friend as they turned to go outside towards the gardens.

You could feel your face heat up at the suggestion of it all, looking down at the floor as you continued to walk to the Headmaster's office.

You were a new addition to the teaching staff, being an old researcher for Charles in his earlier scientific career. You had a PhD in Biochemistry, and were a certified teacher; so who better could he have brought in to teach both Biology, and substitute for Chemistry? You certainly had a bright mind, and a keen sense of curiosity - but with that, came a sort of social awkwardness, because you didn't want to seem like you felt that you were smarter than anyone. And besides, you were shy; always having certain anxieties about meeting new people, and developing new relationships.

After walking for a few more moments, you arrived at the office of your friend, opening the door and slipping in. He had asked you to come down after your last lesson of the day.

"Afternoon, Charles." You remarked, placing the results of the students from your classes on the man's large oak desk.

"Afternoon, (Y/n). How's the school treating you so far?" He enquired with real curiosity, wanting to know that you were fitting in.

"Wonderfully, thank you." Your features split into a smile that he soon returned.

"I have a few boxes that need to be taken down to the lab, would you be a peach and do it for me? I have other priorities." He asked, gesturing to the two boxes of files that lay on a chair in front of one of his many cabinets.

"I don't mind." You shrugged. "I've been wanting to return to the lab for a while." You admitted, stacking the boxes and picking them up by the handles in the cardboard of the bottom one.

"I told you that you can go there anytime." He reminded genuinely, pausing when he saw you blush slightly, not looking him in the eyes.

He must have looked into your head, because a smile was on his lips when you finally looked up at him. "Dr. McCoy doesn't bite."

"Stop reading my mind, Charles." You huffed, but he knew you were only kidding. You, surprisingly, didn't mind. "It's just... you know how I am around new people. Especially when... when they're that intimidatingly smart."