( a. summers ) calm

** NOTE: I JUST POSTED A MUTLI-FANDOM BOOK, SO IF YOU LIKE HARRY POTTER, CRIMINAL MINDS, THE FLASH, PERCY JACKSON, ETC. HEAD OVER THERE **

GENRE: fluff !
WARNINGS: noooone
NOTES: so this is first class Alex, but set in the time of Apocalypse if that makes sense ?? so all the Apocalypse characters are in this, but Alex is young & blonde & moody. ill do a part 2 if y'all request.

 ill do a part 2 if y'all request

__________

Most people never really understood your and Alex's friendship. Most people didn't even know how you got through to him in the first place.

But then again, it kind of did make sense. One of your many abilities that you got with your mutation, was the power to calm people down, just by being near them. That meant that you subdued Alex's anger issues just by being by his side, and even more so when you touched him.

You couldn't count how many times he'd gotten frustrated when you weren't there, yelling at people and throwing things around, just for you to come up to him, touch him gently, and have all of his anger dissipate like it had never even existed in the first place.

Currently, Alex's brother was watching you two from the door of the common room, more than astonished. No matter how many times he saw how his brother interacted with you, it was still a shock.

You were laying on one of the couches together, your legs over Alex's lap and head resting on his one shoulder, reading softly from a book that he couldn't quite make out from the distance. Alex had his arms crossed, staring forwards as he listening to you.

Something must've been pretty funny in the book, because Alex snorted out a laugh, his lips quirking up into a rare smile as he looked over at you. As you carried on reading, his eyes still didn't shift from you, not for one moment. It was like he was entranced, his arms uncrossing so that he could lean his one hand on your thigh, and the other on his lap.

Scott was confused. He'd never seen his brother that expressive - not unless it was anger, anyways.

"What's up, Scott?" Jean asked as she approached him in the hallway. "Your thoughts sounded really confused."

He didn't reply, instead moving out of the doorway so that she could see through, too.

It immediately clicked when she saw the two of you.

You'd discarded your book on your lap, instead playing with Alex's short blonde hair, running your fingers through it as you told him he needed to get it cut.

He held his usual stoic face, but couldn't help the smile that stretched his lips when you pulled away from him, saying in the most reassuring tone you could muster: "Its cute like this, though."