6

"This is a pretty bad storm," Tohru commented as she sat on the floor eating her watermelon. "Uh-huh. It's only getting worse too."

"And you know, on days like today... they appear." Shigure said, trying to scare Tohru while Kenshin shot him a glare. "Huh? 'They' who?" Tohru asked. "During the summer, they're very common around this area. Very." The man continued in a dark tone as thunder and lighting sounded around them.

"Um. Wait. What? You're scaring me. Wh-who's common?" Tohru asked, her voice shaking in fear. But before Kenshin could reassure her, the door slammed open, "Hallo, everyone!" A familiar voice greeted them excitedly while Tohru screamed.

"You ready? 'Cause tomorrow we're getting outta here!" Momiji announced, not realizing that he had almost given Tohru a heart attack.

"That... was terrifying." Tohru managed to say, still shaken from Momiji's sudden appearance. Kenshin reached over next to him, where he had a towel ready for the boy since Momiji had told him that he would be stopping by and thought it would be best to keep a towel close when it began to rain.

"Wo hast du für uns gewählt, kleines Kaninchen?" Kenshin asked, smiling at the boy.

"We all agreed we were gonna hang out together this summer, remember? So... I reserved one of the Sohma vacation houses for us. Our ultimate summer getaway officially begins tomorrow!" Momiji announced excitedly.

"What?! Hold on! A getaway? Vacation house?" Tohru asked, overwhelmed by the sudden

"Well, at least it's not a haunted house this time." Yuki commented, causing Kenshin to wonder what he meant by that.

"A fancy getaway, huh? With attendants, perhaps?" Shigure wondered, no doubt already imagining women waiting on him hand and foot, while Kenshin just glared at him.

"Tohru, you're taking some time off work, right? You have to come. This is our big chance!" The boy told her. "Oh, um, do you think I'd be welcome there, though?" She asked nervously. "Ja! I invited... Haru, Harry, Aya, Ritchan, Kisa, Hiro, and Kagura too, so the more, the merrier!" Momiji said, counting off everyone he had invited.

"Could we uninvite someone? Specifically, my brother." Yuki said, "Können wir Shigure zurücklassen?" Kenshin asked. "Huh? Why did you say my name? What did you say?" Shigure asked as he grabbed Kenshin's sleeve and pulled him towards him while Kenshin fought to get away.

"So? You're going to come with us, aren't you?" Momiji asked, not bothered by Kenshin and Shigure fighting. "Um, maybe." Tohru told him.

"If you want to come with us, you should come. Momiji's been planning this ever since you agreed to spend summer vacation with him." Kenshin said, finally getting his sleeve back from Shigure, who laid on the ground after being hit. "Yeah, Tohru, there's no need to be shy," Shigure added from his spot on the floor.

"Okay! I would love to go!" The girl said happily.

Momiji gasped in excitement, "Stag Beetles and Hercules beetles, too! We've gotta catch 'em all." He told her while Tohru agreed with him with equal excitement as the two continued to talk about what they would all do at the vacation house.

"Well, it does sound like fun. Perhaps I'll go." Shigure commented. "No," Kenshin told him bluntly while Momiji told the man he should join them; Kenshin felt betrayed by the boy even though Momiji only meant well.