7 Part 2

Kenshin walked down the path making his way towards the annex feeling a familiar pull. What he didn't know was why he was feeling it since the only person who had that pull on him was his sister, and she was supposed to be at the Sohma estate.

"Kenshin, my dear brother!" A familiar voice called out happily.

Shit, Kenshin thought to himself, knowing that her being there only meant one thing, to cause trouble for all of them. Kenshin schooled his expression as he turned in his sister's direction, "Akito?"

Akito walked up to him wrapping her arms around him as she sighed deeply, "I thought I would have more trouble finding you, but it seems you were in the right place like always." She told him.

"I must've felt you coming even if I didn't realize it making it easier for you to find me." He told her gently. "You're such a good brother, always thinking about me even when you don't know it." Akito said smugly.

"When did you arrive?" Kenshin asked, wondering who had given his sister the idea of traveling all the way to the beach house even though he had a good idea who the culprit was. "Just now, I brought Hatori, Shigure, and Kureon along with me." She said, dragging out Kureno's name as she tried to get a reaction out of her brother.

"Really? Doesn't Hatori have work to do?" He asked, keeping his expression neutral. "Who cares? Hatori lives to serve me as all of you do." Akito told him bluntly, not liking Kenshin's question.

"Well, now that you're here, what are your plans?"

Akito let go of her brother, "I came to teach the others a lesson, but I'm sure you've already figured out that much." The girl said. Kenshin knew that she wanted to teach him a lesson as well. Even if she hadn't said it out loud, he knew his sister well enough to know she wouldn't just let the children enjoy their vacation.

Kenshin only hoped that Akito didn't cause too much trouble while she was around, especially for the younger ones. Kisa had already been sent to the hospital because of his sister, traumatizing Hiro in the process not only because of Kisa but because of what had happened with Rin. Momiji had heard of the many things Akito had done to others and feared her never wanting to get too close to her unless it was necessary of him. He wanted nothing more than to protect them, but Kenshin knew that if he tried, Akito would only become furious and act rashly, hurting someone in the process.

---

"I'm going to kill him." Kenshin said bluntly, seething in silent anger.

"There's no need to be rash." Hatori told him, trying to calm the young man's anger. "No, you don't get it, Tori. That dog crossed yet another line with me." Kenshin snapped angrily, "Why did she bring him?" He asked, looking in the man's direction.

"Your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps she feels insecure about something and wants him by her side."

Kenshin chuckled bitterly, "Or maybe she wanted to punish me for leaving her all alone." He said.

"Huh? Why do you say that?"

"Akito was disapproving of the trip. It was obvious she didn't want me to go with them, especially since Tohru was coming along. She felt as if I was abandoning her, but I left anyway, not wanting to disappoint Momiji; he's been looking forward to this vacation for a while now. I couldn't bring myself to let him down like his father has done so many times already." Kenshin explained, heaving out a tired sigh. "And now she probably wants to punish me where she knows it will hurt me the most." He continued placing a hand over his heart, feeling the light thump of it against his chest.