01

Lexi's POV:

I love it when all eyes are me.

It's how I am; I crave attention and affection, and I love to coerce people into getting close to me and watch them, desperate to reach out to touch, but they are under my influence and know I'll slap their grimy hands away.

That's why I'm a stripper and a dancer; because all of the attention goes to me, but no one gets to touch me.

Well, no one except the hot ass muscular guy in the back of the club, who always stands, watching me and making sure no one gets too close to me.

I make eye contact with him as I take off my shirt and spin around the pole, throwing it into the crowd who is cheering for me, some of them touching themselves as I move sensually around the pole.

Amari won't care that I threw them my shirt, because he has an extra one in his bag for me; it was old anyway, and I plan on going shopping tomorrow anyway. It wasn't even my favorite shirt, and some poor idiot will probably enjoy having it to smell while he jacks himself off alone in his one room apartment.

The music changes and I unzip my tight shorts and drop down in my heels, and I feel someone's presence nearer to me and see a man holding out a fifty dollar bill, which I slowly take from him.

They always tip big here, and it's not just my demonic influence that persuades them. It's because I'm attractive and only wealthy people can get into this pricey club.

Once I'm only in my red, lace underwear, more people hand me money, and when my routine ends, there's cheers and groans in the club, because no one likes when I leave the stage.

I'm not cocky, but I know I'm the best dancer here.

I'm holding my pants as I walk toward the back room area, pulling the dollar bills that were tucked into my underwear out so that they don't fall.

"How much to spend a night with you?" someone asks behind me, but they don't dare touch me, so I know it's not my soulmate.

I turn around and smirk at him. "More than you can afford, sweetheart. The next dancer is pretty hot and likes to take poor, desperate suckers home, though," I tell him before returning to the task at hand and heading to my locker in the back.

I throw my pants and cash in my locker before I walk back out in only my panties, because I know I'll get a lot of attention. My main goal and excitement derive from knowing that I'll get the most attention from the one person I'm trying to attract.

My soulmate.

As I assumed, lots of people are watching me, but they don't try to touch me because they can sense that I'll probably bite their fingers off. (I wouldn't swallow them, of course! I'd give them to Master Alastor and he can keep them in his 'spare limbs' drawer!)

When I get toward the back of the club, I don't see my man, and a strong feeling of sadness rises up in me, because I want him with me now. I'm a bit whiny, yes, but that's what you get when you're treated as the baby of the Sins and always get what you want.

Strong hands grip my hips and I feel a massive, familiar body push up behind me.

"Thought I wouldn't find you, huh?" Amari's voice whispers in my ear. "I have a change of clothes for you, Lex. Why don't you put them on?"

He thinks it's going to be that easy?!

I flip around and push myself up against him. "Or you could have a seat and I'll give you a hot lap dance... no one else here ever gets that from me and it's funny when they get jealous over someone they'll never get," I purr, but Amari shakes his head.