02

Amari's POV:

It's been twenty years since I met Lexi, and seven since he made me into a partial demon. Initially I was afraid of doing so, but when I called my parents and told them that I had a boyfriend, they hung up and haven't spoken with me since. They were always homophobic, but I thought they'd be different if it was their son, but apparently not.

My sister called me and told me that she supported me, but it would be best if I stayed away from home, because my parents weren't keeping it a secret and the town I grew up in, and going back wouldn't be safe for me.

I would think she really cares, but every time I invite her to come visit me, she makes some excuse and tells me that she can't take time off of work even though it's only a two hour flight and I've offered to pay for her to come.

When I realized that my family didn't care for me anymore, I committed myself fully to Lexi and allowed him to have Alastor, the Lord of Hell, change me into a partial demon so I can live forever with my soulmate. It's been twenty years and I still have to wrap my head around the fact that my soul is intertwined with someone else.

And not just someone, but a demon from Hell and one of the seven sins!

Lexi is shivering a little when we walk out to the fire, but he will never admit it. He's the love of my life, but he's a stubborn brat and definitely the baby of the seven sins.

I see Simon, the sin of Sloth, fawning over Kayden as his soulmate excitedly talks his ear off about the arrangement of the stars and the meteor shower that he's been excited about for months.

"Come here," I say, sitting down and getting Lexi to sit on me so that he can feed off of my body heat. "Eat your food and then we're going to let Kayden show us some stars."

He groans. "It's not enough that we're out here?" he sulks, taking a small bite of his dinner.

"He's our friend, sugar," I scold gently. "Even if you're not into stargazing, you should at least show some enthusiasm for his likes."

Lexi pouts.

"You can always go inside and get on some sweatpants," I tell him, shifting awkwardly to eat my own food. "So it won't be as cold."

"They could move the telescope closer."

I chuckle as I scoop more stew into my mouth. "The fire is too bright."

Lexi huffs and places his finished bowl on the ground. "Fine," he says, sliding off my lap and walking over to the telescope.

"Damn, what's up with him?" Greyson asks, holding Elijah, one of his soulmates on his thigh. "He's usually a brat but he's really sassy tonight!"

I sigh and continue eating my dinner. "He's upset that we have to take a break from sex at some points in our lives and support our friends," I tell him, watching Lexi start a conversation with Kayden.

I can tell he's trying to act bored, but there's a spark in his gorgeous eyes that shows me he's actually kind of excited. In fact, he seems eager when Kayden offers him to look through the telescope, which brings a warm smile to my face.

"He's such a brat," Elijah says, scoffing. "Not that I'm surprised. He's always been a brat."

I roll my eyes. "Don't be rude to my brat," I respond, making Winston chuckle from beside me. "He's been more, uh, horny, lately."

"He's the sin of Lust, Amari," Tristan says, burrowing deeper to the large blanket encasing both him and Winston. "I'm surprised he can go twenty minutes without demanding you stick it in."