16

Amari's POV:

"Why did we even have to go? Fuck this shit, I want an iced coffee and a massage!" Lexi whines as we walk down the street in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

After we returned home, Lexi dove into the file of Roman's second chance soulmate, and we are now on our way to find the boy. Unfortunately, my little demon wanted to come but desperately underestimated how fucking hot it would be in the summer in Argentina.

"You wanted to come," Paxton pants, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. "Why the fuck are we here?"

Renato laughs, but he sounds exhausted. "The espresso is good here. I have to try it after we kidnap Roman's soulmate," he says, wiping off his sweaty brow.

"Try it before so we can get the fuck out of here as soon as we find the fucker," Lexi growls. "Anyone who's the soulmate to that prick is going to be a complete fuck, so I want to spend as little time around him as possible."

I'm the one carrying the file, and I open it once again.

Santiago Romero.

Twenty four from Buenos Aires, only child, wealthy parents... I hope he is not as much of a prick as Lexi seems to think he will be, although that would match Roman's personality a bit.

"It's too fucking hot!" Lexi cries again, flinching when a man grabs his arm. "Ay! ¿Qué haces?"

I have no clue what he said, but he said it with fire and made the man jump back.

The man responds in Spanish and Lexi relaxes a bit, looking relieved.

"He heard us say espresso and is going to show us where we can get good espresso and the best street food," Lexi translates, grabbing the file from me, before asking the man a question in Spanish.

The man chuckles and says something else.

"He says there's a million people with the name Santiago here so good luck finding him," Lexi says, glaring at the man as he guides us to a food truck. "I hope he has good taste in food or I will be committing a murder."

I smack his ass. "No murder, Lex."

"You can't stop me."

"I can choose not to fuck you."

Lexi's eyes widen. "You wouldn't!"

I wink at him as Paxton orders us all food from the man Lexi seems caught between hating and appreciating.

He gives us our food, and the smell is making me drool. There's tacos, enchiladas, and a couple of other dishes that I've never seen before. They're all covered with shredded meat, veggies, crumbly cheese, and colorful sauces, and I decide that I don't care about finding Santiago; I just want this damn food in my mouth!

"Why can't you look at me that way?" Lexi asks as we find a shady spot and sit down for a break.

I smile and take a bite. "I look at you with admiration a lot, sugar," I say with a muffled voice because my mouth is full. "You're just looking away when I do."

Lexi seems satisfied in that answer and starts to eat. He is nearly moaning over the food, but I can tell he's being dramatic at some points just to get under my skin because I find his moans very sexy.

"Will you two stop eye fucking each other and finish eating so we can go?" Paxton asks, handing Lexi an iced coffee. "Here's your coffee."

Lexi shrieks and hugs Paxton. "Wait, how'd you order it? You don't speak Spanish?"

"My soulmate knows some Spanish," Paxton says, his hardened expression relaxing as he smiles fondly at his lover.

Renato kisses Paxton's cheek. "You could have figured it out even if I didn't," he says in his Italian accented voice. "Now, to find this boy."