18

Final Chapter 🥺 I had such a fun time writing this and I hope you all enjoyed it !

Amari's POV:

Lexi is still asleep, and it's nearly two in the afternoon. Since he's been asleep, I've been cuddling with him and hanging out in our room, not feeling like getting up and out of bed. Anywhere where Lexi isn't, I don't love being, but I should get him some food.

The alcohol-type stuff that Alastor brews thankfully doesn't offer horrible hangovers to us as it does immortals, but he still will get a headache. He might also be even more pouty than normal, because when he has bad headaches, having sex isn't as fun for him.

When I walk out of the bedroom and into the dining area, I nearly pass out.

"What the fuck?!" I ask, because Roman is sitting on the couch with Santiago on his lap, and Paxton is in the room as well, not trying to kill him!

"Relax," Roman says, holding his soulmate's hips with his hands. "If Pride trusts me, shouldn't you?"

I look at Paxton curiously. "Have you been drinking?"

"I spoke with Master Alastor, Simon, and Kayden last night. They agreed with me that Roman has not tried to escape and he is infatuated with Santiago... so it is alright," Paxton sighs, and he does not seem completely happy.

Roman smirks. "Trust me, Kayden is not even a person I know exists anymore," he says, and Santiago blushes with a shy smile.

I'm surprised how quick he adjusted, but I am honestly happy for them. Seeing this, seeing Paxton not as tense and Renato appearing proud of his fellow vampire... I am so happy I made the choice I did.

"Paxton and Renato tell me that this little plan was executed by you," Roman says as I begin to prepare a breakfast croissant for Lexi.

I nod. "Yeah, I just want my family here to be able to live peacefully and not have to worry that you were going to break out and harm anyone. Plus, I never hated you completely, so I am glad you got your second chance."

Roman stands up and comes over to me, holding out his hand and shaking mine. "I am forever in your debt," he says, serious and grave. "I do not think you can comprehend how much this means to me."

Lexi comes waddling down the hall, his hair fluffy and still pretty dark brown from the dye, but the pink is finally starting to peek through. He's wrapped with his favorite pink blanket around him and smiles tiredly when he sees me.

"I think I can understand," I tell Roman, because Lexi is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I'm addicted to him in every way.

My sweet addiction...

"Hey, what's the blood sucker doing out of his cage?" Lexi asks, but he doesn't seem too upset by it. "Santi, where are youuuuuu?"

Santiago comes into the kitchen, seeming upset because he's not getting attention from Roman. "That is not my name," he says to Lexi. "But I am right here."

Lexi leans into my side, disregarding the fact that I am trying to cook for him. "I'm hungry."

"I'm making you food, my love," I say, kissing his forehead.

When I peek at Roman and Santiago, I notice that Roman copies my action and kisses his soulmate's forehead, successfully making Santiago flush. It's clear he's trying to learn how to protect and treat his soulmate.

"My father will not be pleased my soulmate is a human," Roman says, so everyone can hear. "So I think Santiago and I will stay off the grid for a while. We will probably go stay in my safe house in Greendale."