07

Lexi's POV:

Salty Kayden is fun to be around, in my opinion.

He's a little scary, because his eyes get that creepy vampire-red tone, but overall it's pretty fun. Since he is really mad at Simon right now for encouraging our soulmates to stalk us, he's plotting different ways to take revenge on said soulmate.

"You could always just express your emotions and talk to him," Levi says desperately, trying to diffuse the ticking time bomb that is Kayden.

"What's the fun in that?!" Tristan exclaims, because he and I are often on the same wavelength. "Kayden, you should lock his cock in a cock cage."

Kayden rolls his eyes. "I'm not a sadist, idiot," he grumbles. "However, I am pissed off and I think that my poor, idiot boyfriend is going to get a few days without sex."

"Boo," Tristan groans, tilting his head back against the headrest of his seat. "That's nothing, Kayden. I've made Winston stay abstinent for a full week. Twice, I might add!"

Levi scoffs. "The first time was when you first met and hated him and the second were sick and trying to have sex made you vomit," he scolds. "Trust me, I was home and Winston asked me to do your laundry, as in cleaning the puke covered sheets, while he sat with you in the tub."

"Yeah, I still think that it's bullshit that we can get sick," Tristan mutters.

I chuckle. "I don't."

The humans who were turned demons are immortal, but they can still get sick and just feel like shit for a while. It's pretty rare, but when they do get sick, they get really sick. As in, bedridden for up to a week if it's really bad, and because medication doesn't have a major impact on partial demons, much less full demons, they literally have to wait until it goes away.

However, we do save a bunch on medical insurance, so it's not that bad... then again, I've never experienced sickness, but when Amari got food poisoning a couple of years ago, I got to see the pain firsthand.

There was no sex for three days and it was the most horrible few days of my existence. Of course, I stayed at his bedside to help my soulmate and keep him comfortable, so I was stuck staring at his sexy body for a whole week but not allowed to touch or do anything because he was too sick.

Ugh!

The thought of no sex makes me shiver.

"I would try to use my powers on him, but we know it wouldn't work," I say, frowning. "It would be kind of funny to see him be super horny but watch you not put out."

I watch as Kayden rolls his eyes in the rear view mirror. "He's already insatiable sex-wise, so I don't know how Amari handles you."

"We wouldn't be soulmates if we weren't a good match," I say, my face warming at the thought of my beautiful soulmate. "He's got a high sex drive, too."

"He never let me experience it," Tristan grumbles, and I want to slap him for speaking about touching my soulmate, but I hold back. "Even though we worked with each other for a long time. Imagine if we had slept together the day I met Winston! You two would've ganged up and murdered us!"

I huff. "No, I would've killed you and locked up Amari so he could never see anyone else."

"You've slept with other people," Levi tells me matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, but that was before I met my soulmate. Tristan has slept with other people, too."

Tristan shrugs. "To be fair, I didn't know soulmates were a thing, nor did I think I'd have one. You knew you would at some point, didn't you?"