10

sexy times ahead 🥰

Amari's POV:

After dinner, Alastor takes Kayden and Simon to a private area to speak with them, leaving Lexi watching Sun.

"Amari!" Lexi calls, and I look up from doing dishes and see him sitting with Sun in his lap. "You look sexy doing dishes."

I smirk at him. "Thanks, sweetheart. You look sexy, too," I say, because he always is. "Did you need something?"

"Yes... I wanna be fucked."

"You're babysitting."

Lexi huffs. "I also want to know... how mad would Master Alastor and Gabriel be if I taught their baby swear words?"

"Alastor would torture you."

"Sun... say 'fuck,'" Lexi whispers, and Sun starts to say the word, but I interrupt him.

"Sun, no," I say, and my voice is pretty loud and impressive, so Sun shuts his mouth with a pout.

He's going to be just like Gabriel; over the past couple of years, I've gotten to know him when he visits. While he's among the sweetest people I've ever known, he can get pretty bratty and pouty, which is a little surprising when you experience it.

"You're making him sad," Lexi pouts, picking the toddler up so he can come to the kitchen and steal another cupcake. "He's going to have to learn those words eventually."

"He can learn them from Gabriel and Alastor; not from you, Lex. I don't want Alastor to get mad at you for teaching Sun how to swear."

Lexi gets huffy, loudly sighing as he sits down with Sun and whispering things in the toddler's ear (although Sun is too busy eating his cupcake to focus on Lexi). Soon enough, Gabriel comes out of Simon and Kayden's room.

"Thanks for watching him, Lex," Gabriel says, sitting on the couch.

"I'm the best babysitter," Lexi tells Gabriel as Sun clumsily walks over to his dad and holds his arms up to be lifted.

Gabriel nods. "I agree, but Alastor is worried you'll teach him to swear or be promiscuous or something like that. He ignores the fact that it's in a demon's nature to be seductive and want sex," he says, a small smile on his face.

"Mhmm, that's how he got you, huh?" Lexi asks, a smirk on his face.

"No, he started by kidnapping me and his demons tortured me," Gabriel mumbles. "He threatened me a lot too, before realizing he was falling for me."

Lexi winces a bit at his words. "I think Pax and I are the only two with soulmates who didn't kidnap ours first."

I'm glad he didn't kidnap me, because I probably would have laughed at a 5'7 boy with pink hair trying to shove me into the back of a car. That would've been followed by complete panic when I realized he was a demon and I was his proclaimed soulmate, so I'm definitely glad it didn't go that way.

I mean, it was a shock for me because I found out after being kidnapped by vampires with Lex, Tristan, Kayden, and Levi.

Lexi explained to me when we got back that he was scared to tell me because he didn't want me to run away and leave him. Lucky for him, I was already in love with him so of course I wanted to stay.

"Yeah, yeah, you and Pax are so much better," Gabriel mumbles, a bitter look on his face.

"Yeah, we are," Lexi responds, getting up and hopping up on the counter beside me. "Right, Amari?"

I give Gabriel a sorrowful look. "Yes, my love," I tell him, pecking his lips before I continue doing the dishes.

Alastor leaves the bedroom that Simon and Kayden share and makes his way to the living room. "Let's go, Gabriel," he grumbles, taking Sun with one arm and wrapping the other around his lover.