5•

5
Tahjae

     I pulled up to Mecca's and Drea's house and the yard parking was now at a minimum. After grabbing my bag and the cake box I hit my alarms and headed to the front door.

Knocking about a good four times the door finally swung open.

"Bitch what took you so long." She spoke as I walked through the house and she followed behind.

"Picking up them two big ass cakes wasn't easy, if that's what you thought." I scoffed.

Walking into the kitchen all the ladies sat around the island.

"Ok y'all she'll be here in the next five minutes." Ms Gladys; Dreas mom spoke.

"She said that five minutes ago." My mama kissed her teeth as everyone laughed.

"Is the backyard done setup?" I asked.

"Yea Ant and the rest of the guys out back dealing with everything" Ms Gladys spoke.

"Where Mecca at?" I asked.

"His ass prolly locked up in the room scared." Remi rolled her eyes as they all laughed.

"Imma be back." I spoke grabbing the cake that was going to be sitting outside.

"You sure you wanna go out there baby." My mama said eyeing me as if she was warning me and I knew what she meant. Ignoring it I picked up the cake box and walked through the sliding doors onto the patio. My eyes immediately landed on the men who were out there sitting on the gazebo some were familiar faces and some weren't.

If it were one thing that I was happy about it was the fact that Mecca separates business and family, meaning that E was nowhere present. We had a heart to heart conversation and where he made it clear that E was his right hand.

I didn't care for much about who he placed his trust in, I just didn't wanna be apart of any of it when Elijah was around. He let me know that it was E's idea to let me have my space and not to intrude on me and I was very welcoming of that.

I rest the cake box on the open vacant table and started opening the box setting it up.

"You really finna give off the cold shoulder." I looked up seeing Ant coming over.

"What you really expect?" I asked with my brow raised setting the cupcakes around the cake.

"An explanation atleast..." He spoke lowly.

"Ant don't come over here with all that, wicho' weak ass behavior." I spoke rolling my eyes.

"Fuck you mean weak?" He asked almost as if astonished.

"Nigga almost a month ago I gave you the honors just for someone to snatch my ass up and you didn't do anything. Imagine me claiming that. Some real ass low shit." I spoke as I heard him chuckle.

"Tahj you be on some slick shit, you know that? I knew your intentions were half ass. Don't ever try line me up to no nigga, that's what you call low shit." He said drinking the last bits in his cup walking away as I rolled my eyes trying to shake thought.

     I really didn't come here for all of that and I really wasn't about to let anything sour my mood either.

     "Who is that?" Asia asked walking over as I gave her the look and pursed my lips.

     "I know it ain't..." she gasped.

     "Not the guy who let E snatch you." She laughed.

     This was playtime for her, she made fun of it every time she got and honestly I was getting tired of her ass when it came to that.

Rolling my eyes my thoughts were trampled with the sound of Ms. Gladys' voice.

"She's here!" I watched as everyone scurried to try and act normal but it just made them look hella sus.

I walked back into the kitchen and there she was walking in the same time as me.

"Bout time." I chuckled and she waved me off.

"Traffic really don't play, and I need to talk to you." She pointed towards the living room as I looked at her in confusion.

Dropping everything I followed her over.

"What is it?" I asked her

"I know the situation with you and Eli. And trust me it was hard for Mecca since he was stuck in the middle. But I had to remind him how hard it actually was for you and that you're the only one whose hurt in all this." She spoke giving a small smile.

"When I tell you that this is finished and done with I want you to believe that."

"They're friends that man is gonna be around and I can't say all is dead for him but what I do know is that it's done with." I finished.

"I really don't care Drea and the last thing I want for you and Mecca to be doing is to be stuck in the middle of 'who can and who can't do'." I continued.

I refused to have this type of pressure placed in this family, furthermore E is the only one whose at fault and lately I just felt like everyone was apologizing on his behalf when it was him who did damage.

"I know but it's hard knowing exactly what you've been through. I just don't want you to have to face that trauma every time he's around." Her face held such a pitiful emotion and I hated that.

    "It's ok. I know it's only looking out but imma big girl." I smiled, she didn't smile back. I definitely saw the look of worry that played on her face.

"Mecca didn't know everything, the reasoning for him being back and forth between New York and Detroit. He didn't know exactly, he wasn't sure. He was still fixated on the fact that Elijah was running from something. So he went against his better self." She breathed.

I couldn't be as angry at him as much as I wanted to. I mean Elijah is who he is, he fucked with peoples heads.

"It's ok, trust me."

"I do. It's just now I don't think I want Mecca to continue dealing with him I feel like he definitely on some sneaky shit." She spoke sounding worried and I understood then I sighed.

"Drea, for the time I've known E he was never no snake ass nigga. If his loyalty is with Mecca you don't gotta worry." I said and I could've seen that my word had calmed her a bit.

E was never no snake he was never one to be played with and never no liar. He stood on that. And I knew whatever deal him and Mecca was on he wasn't bout to play bout it. I hated that I knew him like this, this was a situation that I could've used against him, to crush him. But I just couldn't taint his character in those aspects.

Elijah's Glory (Urban)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें