6•

6
Tahj

      Everyone stood outside and night was falling things were going good as I saw Mecca took one last sip of his drink and rest it down. He walked over to Drea as he pulled her directly in the middle of the grass where all the lights intersect.

I watched closely as a look of confusion blew over her and I couldn't help but smile.

Everyone's attention now laid on them.

I watched as she looked at him lost and he mouthed something to her.

He reached into his pocket and got down on one knee. The "ouu" and "awwes" began.

"Drea, my love," He started

"The mother of my child, you're my heart, all I've ever asked for in a woman. Not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky and blessed I am to call you mine now today I wanna be blessed with the privilege to call you my wife," He said by now as her hand clasped over her mouth and her eyes began to gloss up.

"I hope to give, Mekhi and our future kids the best, I promise that I would be the best for y'all. I just wanna say that my love and appreciation for you goes beyond baby...."

"I'm asking...

"Andrea Winston to become Andrea Malcom." She stood there in shock as the water works began.

She started shaking her head and before I knew it she gave everyone the answer they were looking for.

"Yes...." She spoke breaking down in tears as Mecca slipped the lovely dimepiece on her finger.

I wiped my eyes unaware of the tears that streamed down my face. I was so happy and emotional. Everyone started clapping and soon the congratulations started.

I'd hope someday to be surrounded by this same level of love.

"Bitch you gone be a maid of honor." She spoke coming over to me as I grabbed and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so happy for you. We're officially becoming sisters." I chimed crying.

"We been sisters girl." She laughed.

"You knew and ain't even hinted at me" she pulled away."

"If you knew something it wasn't gone be as good as it was now wouldn't it?" I pursed my lips.

"She right." Remi interjected.

"Imma be this mans whole wife."

"Lemme see that rock." My mamma spoke in love with it as her and Miss Gladys came over.

"Congratulations baby." She spoke kissing her cheek thank you.

"Ouu we got a wedding to plan." Asia drank from her cup.

"You know it" I spoke giving her a five as Drea laughed.

"This feels so unreal." she stood there shaking her head.

"I know that feeling." Remi and Drea caught on and laughed.

"You did your thing." I spoke as Mecca walked over to us showing off his teeth.

"Partial thanks to your lil ass." He said coming in for a hug.

"I'll admit that."

"Walk with me." He spoke and I have him a funny look before I nodded slowly.

"Excuse us." He said to them as we entered the house.

"You my baby sister Tahjae, you the baby of the family. You and Asia are my heart and there ain't nothing I ain't gone do for yuh." He said and I looked at him confused.