7•

7
Tahjae

A month is what it's been and I'd have to say that I've been so content with that. No pop ups no nothing just peace.

My mind would run every now and then about it, but I chose to put that to the back of my mind.

I'd let the most nastiest set off thoughts get the best of me, 'I wasn't good enough for him to come back to', 'he probably found better'.

Some days were simply better than others.

"Ok so floral arrangements?" Drea questioned.

"Orchids, they were literally the first flowers he got you." Remi spoke.

"Ouuu, that is true, most definitely doing that." Drea said writing that down.

"So y'all picked y'all dresses?" She asked.

"Yea I found something I liked." I spoke

"Still looking, like I really need something that's gone hold up my breast." Remi said as Drea laughed.

"Do a v neck with boob tape." I suggested and she looked at me.

"You know what, I like that." I pursed my lips at her.

"Of course you do."

Asia wasn't able to make it to this meeting, it was the first one anyway, so I had to make sure provide her with all that was being discussed.

"Tahj, what's your style?" She said turning to me.

"I'm doing a deep halter style." I tried to explain.

"Small titty gang boutta eat." Remi mumbled causing me to laugh.

"Ok y'all so I'm stuck?"

"Stuck bout what?" I asked fixing myself.

"My family, my bald headed ass sisters to be exact." She frowned and I didn't know what to say.

Drea and her dad was like the best of friends, but her siblings highly envied this. There was not one time they were able to sit around each other without awkward tension or starting an argument.

"I can't tell you nothing babe, normally the brides sisters be in the wedding, so for them to not be?" I shrugged.

"Forget them, what's worse? you not asking them to stand and them getting offended? Or you asking them and they still turn it down." Remi spoke and I wholeheartedly agreed.

"I don't know, imma still ask."

"Do you." Remi said.

"I don't see anything wrong with either, atleast  they can't say she ain't asked." I implied with a shrug.

Family fued was normal, but this ran deep. She stayed clear of them, family reunions, weddings, everything, the last time they really were at an event together was their grandfathers funeral and that did not end well.

"Right." She spoke.

"That's so crazy to see them living like that." I mumbled as they agreed.

"That's them for you."

Drea was mainly planning by herself. Mecca just made his input when she brought certain stuff to his attention. Men were uninterested like that.

"Who are you planning on catering with?" I asked as she gave me a side eye knowing how skeptical I was when it came to eating people's food.

"I'm thinking bout Rivera or Joseph's."

"Joseph!" Remi and I spoke in unison. We loved dishes from them. Their Haitian cuisines were topped and no one was touching it. They were definitely the full package.