1•

Brooklyn, NY

5 years later...
1
Tahjae

    "I'm tired

    "I'm tired." Drea complained as I rolled my eyes.

     "Ain't you always."

     "Tahj shut the fuck up. You always got some shit to say." She said kissing her teeth as I laughed.

     "I mean, you are always tired forreal."

     "Mecca just been getting on my nerves." She said sucking her teeth.

     Mecca was Drea's boyfriend and further more my older brother. From I moved down here I'd known them two to be together considering he moved from Detroit to here four years prior.

They were definitely known to be that couple, Iwas happy for them though, plus she got a nigga with that dough. He the reason how she got this salon. He looked out for her bag too, if it was one thing our mother had instilled in him it was to always look out for your woman.

     "You still coming right?" She asked as I rolled my eyes.

     "I would say I ain't goin' no where and I got things to do. But its a shop promotion watchu' want me say, plus I have to show my support." Even though I'd just rather stay home.

    "Tahj you better come man. You always bullshittin'. Your ass done been here two years and you never went out to say have some fun."

     "I'm just not for that. You know that ain't my cup of tea and I like it like that. But I will since its business and my brothers at that, I am leaving after the announcements tho." I said filling in my clients nails.

     Mecca was holding a grand opening of their  new club "Black Ice".  I mean everyone around here was talking 'bout that shit. Thing was she was promoting the salon and sponsoring, which meant not only as an employee but as a friend and sister I had to be there.

    "Come on, you know Mecca gone be busy running the club and I can't just sit around and do nothing."

     "What about when he done. Then I'm gone be third wheeling."

      "Well Ant was tryna' talk to your ass for the longest. Give that nigga some time. Plus I think Remi's coming." She mumbled.

     "Nah, I'm good like this..."

     I didn't say nothing else cause she knew how I felt about relationships due to my past one. I wasn't 'bout to spread my business in a salon shop where hoes would lick the gossip off the floor.

     "They got the partnership deed papers sorted out?" I asked changing the subject.

     "Yea, but it's only four of them him, Ant and Rich. He said that Mike was moving too funny for him, ever since I ain't ever heard of Mike." She shrugged.