9•

Chapter 9
Tahjae Williams

It was literally just another day of me pampering myself. I decided that I wanted to go and get my lashes done which it was practically only going to be a fill, however afterwards I did had plans to go over to my mama's, it had been a long week honestly and I really wasn't up for nothing unexpected. I had a stop to make to her since she claim it to be so important and then off to work I was headed.

I haven't talked to my mom since Asia had told me what it was that she was dealing with. I wasn't gonna get into it either although it did bother me.

My mother was grown and she handled her own, I just prayed that she knew what it was that she was getting herself into when it came to him, I hadn't told Mecca anything, I wasn't about to bare that anger that I know he was going to give off, furthermore it just wasn't my place.

A lot had came to thought, like how long was she doing this, better yet what did she expected the outcome to be, it was so puzzling cause I didn't even know if she'd even plan on telling us since Saturday was two days away.

I had to play it cool and I knew she had caught on to my awkwardness, being me though, there definitely was no hiding.

Arriving, I had parked my car and got out making my way to the front door, I knocked a few times before looking directly into the ring camera. Not long after the door pulled open as my mom stood there with a half smile.

She was definitely off.

"Hey baby." I watched he expression closely as a smile forcefully tugged at the corners of her mouth before giving me a hug stepping aside allowing me to walk in.

"Hey mama." I walked inside throwing my Chanel classic flap onto her couch before turning to her.

The aroma of food immediately filled my nostrils and I definitely wasn't intending on leaving empty handed. If it was one thing this woman did it was stir up a kitchen.

"How you doing?" She asked as I grew confused. Her whole demeanor was down.

She looked sad and I barely ever saw her with a frown on her face.

"You alright mama?" I asked as she wrapped her arms around her body before sighing.

This definitely had something to do with Lionel. 

She was going to break it to us.

"Well..."

She started.

"Mama, listen. You don't have to say anything. I-"

"Tahjae. No, listen." She said to me.

It was her story to tell, the most that I could've done was allow her a chance to explain and express herself. With that I settled myself and allowed her to speak for herself.

"Yes ma'am."

"Baby I got some news." My mama spoke as I felt a sense of relief sighing.

Girl we been knew...

"I'm listening mama?"

"Angie passed."

My heart picked up its pace and I was so still in the moment.

"What?"

There was a brief moment of silence before I replayed what she had said to me in my mind.

"Yea, she'd passed this morning." 

I didn't know what to say... this was definitely something that I wasn't expecting.

Miss Angie was my whole childhood, she'd watched Asia and I when mama was to work and Mecca was running wild in the street with Elijah. She was literally the sweetest. Never asked mama for a dollar while doing it either, but she still made it her business to show her appreciation whether it was with Sundays best or baked goods.