Dancing With Your Ghost

A/N: Dancing With Your Ghost: By Sasha Sloan
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzc_aX8c8g4)

Peter closed his apartment door, feeling exhausted and drained both physically and mentally.

After taking a nice hot bath, he collapsed onto his mattress, and buried his face in his pillows.

Yelling at the sky
Screaming at the world
Baby, why'd you go away?
I'm still your girl

Peter lifted his head slightly to gaze longingly at the framed picture of Gwen Stacy that he'd kept on his bedside table. She'd looked absolutely amazing, exuding that beauty that only a girl like her could possess.

Holding on too tight
Head up in the clouds
Heaven only knows
Where you are now

Peter felt tears roll down his cheeks. He'd taken the photo around a week after he'd been bitten by the spider, but before he'd lost Uncle Ben. He closed his eyes, letting out a sob as he'd remembered the Green Goblin throwing her off the George Washington Bridge.

How do I love
How do I love again?

Gwen had been the love of his life. Mary Jane knew it. Harry knew it. Aunt May knew it.

He remembered the webbing wrap around her ankle as he'd pulled her up.

How do I trust
How do I trust again?

The doctors said she'd been dead before Spider-Man's webline had even reached her. Norman Osborn had been like a father to him before the Goblin serum. But now...

I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby, you're just harder to see than most

The space under his eyes were dull, and dark, like those of an insomniac. He couldn't sleep, his nightmares haunted by losing the beautiful blonde love of his life

I put the record on
Wait 'til I hear our song
Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

He wiped his eyes and pulled on his suit and mask. He'd lost Gwen, but she wouldn't have wanted him to stop being Spider-Man.

She would've told him that he was the bravest person she'd ever known. Not just a hero to her. No matter what Doctor Octavius, J. Jonah Jameson, or even that crossing guard near 4th Avenue said, he was New York's hero.

He jumped out the window, reminding himself to visit Gwen's gravestone later that night.

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost.