Miles From Home

A/N: Set during Civil War 2, in the Marvel Comics, after Ulysses predicts the possibility of Miles killing Captain America, and Captain Marvel and her team trying to hunt down Miles. Peter was originally on Carol's side, but after seeing his mentee (basically his son) being painted as a fugitive, he left. Watch this quick 1 minute 16 second video explanation of Civil War 2 before reading the fic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IraG0OVeJWU

Miles buried his face into Peter's side. The older Spider-Man wrapped an arm around the younger's shoulders and pulled him close.

"It's okay Miles. We'll get through this together."

The teenager in question looked up at him, revealing his tearful expression. "There's a part of me that feels like I should just turn myself in. I--I would never kill anyone. But Ulysses--he--he saw me kill Captain America--and--"

Peter pulled away from Miles slightly, bracing him by placing his hands on each of his shoulders.

"Repeat after me: It's not my fault for what's happening, and I'm innocent."

Miles gulped, then repeated in a slightly quavering voice.

"Kid, you're one of the smartest, kindest people I've ever met. Don't let those kinds of thoughts get to your head. The spider chose you. You're one of us. And the rest of our team support you on that."

Miles sniffled, and rubbed his eyes. "That doesn't mean I can't become a killer."

Peter ran a hand through the junior spider's hair. "Look. There's a reasonable explanation for everything. Remember when Steve and Tony were fighting over the Superhuman Registration Act? Tony made a robot clone of Thor using his DNA, and everyone thought he was the real deal. Pretty sure Hercules smashed it's head in. Thor was super mad when found out, and yelled at Tony for a solid ten mi--"

Clearing his throat, Peter cut himself off before he could start going off on an irrelevant tangent.

"Point is, things aren't always what they seem. There's definitely something wrong about this and we're going to figure out what. But just know that we believe in you. Capiche?"

Miles smiled and slipped on his mask. "Capiche."

A/N: Here's what happens in the actual comics:

So basically. Steve Rogers ended up being a HYDRA agent, a reason why, Miles would have been justified in killing him. However, Black Widow tried to kill Cap first, but Cap gave her a fatal blow with his shield. Steve ends up dying wayyy after the second Civil War is over, his last words being "Hail HYDRA."