Chapter One: Ohio

Flashback,

"Is it her," Kota asks the doctor. Kota stands at the end of a hospital bed. Kota looks over at Crisp and Leo. Emotions filling Kota to the brim.

"Yes, we found her outside of your house in the back. Different burns and bruises along with continuous tumor growth in her Cerebellum. She's losing her memory and she dying," the doctor says. Crisp squeezes Kota's paw and looks at him.

"She's done a lot to us. Is it bad I don't feel bad?" Crisp whispers to Kota.

"No, she's getting what she deserves," He replies, "Nothing we could do, even if we wanted to help," Kota looks over at Leo, who's standing at the doorway - watching.

"Want to say anything?" Kota asks. Leo looks at the poor pup and sighs. Leo walks over to the burned, scarred, bruised vulture laying in the hospital bed. IV's in her beak and arms.

"All I want to say is -" Leo says looking at Kota and Crisp. He turns and leans down and whispers loud enough for Kota and Crisp to hear. "Good Luck,"

Kota and Crisp's Wedding night,

"I, Kota, take you, Chris, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life" Kota says looking at Crisp. They kiss, tears filling my eyes. I swipe my eyes. I look over at Chase and smile.

"Softy," He says looking at me.

"I had pollen in my eyes," I reply as I wipe my eyes. Damn, he's cute. I mentally say to myself as I look at the Shepherd. Stop he's straight.

"Your gonna find someone soon," Chase says to me. I blink as he continues. "Theirs some fur out there waiting for you. Waiting for the right moment to strike and grab you from the vast sea of fish you cats eat from," he says giving me a goofy smile. I giggle and continue to watch the wedding.

After the wedding. I look over at Tris and Smokey, who are talking outside the chappel. I walk up to them and spark a conversation.

"What up," I say to Tris and Smokey.

"What up," Tris says

"Sup," Smokey says

"So as I was saying. I'm starting school in Ohio and they need a few more students," she looks at me. "Leo! Want to come," she grabs my shoulder.

"Ohio. That's so far away," I say looking at her. "Plus, the school doesn't start for a few more days. Not a lot of time for a trip to Ohio," I say putting my paw on my hip and shifting to one foot.

"We're flying out in two days. About a five-hour trip. We'll stay for a few months and then you can come back here," she says, putting her paws in the air and yawning.

"I'm butchered. Go home and talk to your parents about it," she says as she turns, tail flipping into my face. I Hear Chase laugh behind me and I jump on him. He laughs before rolling over and pinning me to the ground. I struggle for a bit.

"You win," I say. Face turning red. "Please get up," I ask looking at Chase.

"Someone likes being pinned," He says looking at my tent. He looks up and laughs.

"Your special," He says getting up. I quickly get up. Embarrassed to talk. I quickly re-adjust myself and my pants and catch up to Chase.

"You going to Ohio with Tris?" I ask looking at Chase.

"Probably not. Too far and my mom needs help with taking care of the house," he says looking at me.

"Aww, I won't have my bestist-friend with me," I say giving a fake cry and terrible puppy dog eyes.

"You puppy dog eyes are awful," He says laughing. God, that laugh. I'm thoughts are interrupted by a passing car. My mom pulls up in a small Ford car and rolls down the window. Chase looks at me as my mom yells out the window.

"Leo, get your butt in this car. Do you know how cold it is out there!" she yells.

"Yes, coming mom," I say turning around. I pull Chase into a hug and walk over to get in my mom's car. I open the door and get in as my mom sighs.

"You and him, huh," she says looking at me. I sigh and turn to look at her. Buildings and different furs blur in the window.

"No mom. He's straight. I can't date a straight guy unless their gay,"

"Just a thought," she says.

"Hey mom, can we talk?" I looking ahead.

"You want to go to Ohio for the SouthPaw High School Program. Am I right," she says stopping at a red light.

"How di-" I'm cut off by her.

"Tris called asking. She said it was a program that helps in any subject. Your career as a Singer with being fulfilled. I've bought your plane ticket, pack your stuff and get ready," she says as we start to move.

"Also talked to Chase's parents and had them buy a ticket for him. They said it was a great idea and that they would be happy to support you guys. So, we emptied our pockets and pilled the money together and bought your tickets as a pair. Chase's grandparents have a small house outside of SouthPaw city. A little log cabin for you two,"

"So, Chase and I are going to Ohio for the year?" I ask looking at my mom. Dumbfounded and smiling.

"Yes, you're going to Ohio,"