Chapter Six: World's Song

11:46 pm, 36 hours until beating,

I flick a switch on the T.V in front of me and look over at Chase.

"How are you holding up?" I ask looking at the shaking Shepherd.

"Scared," he says shaking. I grab his paw and pull him into a hug. I lay on his chest and sigh.

"Everything is going to be okay," I say as I look up at him. "Stupid dog," I say slowly easing into a deep sleep.

"Stupid cat," he says as he goes to sleep.

Flashback, two weeks before the wedding at Brightside Bar.

"This isn't a good idea," I say looking at Chase.

"What do you mean," Chase says walking into an 18+ bar. I follow him and enter the bar. I walk in and see different furs dancing and drinking. I see a few booths with bright red words saying 

"Taken". I sit next to Chase and order water.

"Really. Just water," he says looking at my clear glass of liquid.

"Yeah, problem," I say shaking the glass. Chase pats a few times on the counter and a bartender walks up. Green and purple, male Sabertooth tiger named Ellis takes Chase's order.

"Two shots of whiskey," he says looking at me. He winks and I watch as a weirdly brown color fills two shot glasses. He puts them in front of Chase and walks away. Chase grabs them and hands one to me. I down one and I gag. Chase laughs and takes his shot. He gives me a straight face. I look at him and he gags. I laugh and feel the effects take over. After a few more shots, I stop and analyze my surroundings. A small but crowded dance floor with different furs on the light-up floor, loud music blaring from different speakers. I look up at Chase and laugh. Falling out of my chair. Chase helps me up and we dance. After the party, we called a cab and head over to my house. Mom was out for a business trip so I had the house to myself. I open the door and we fall to the couch.

"This is weird," I say all loopy.

"Why," Chase replies with a smile.

"It's just, I'm gay and your straight," I say giggling "but we spend more time together than most couples," I say looking at him.

"Maybe I'm gay," He says looking at me. Smiling.

"And, and, maybe I like you. Like a crush," I say before falling off the couch. Chase laughs and I get up. I jump onto the couch and snuggle up to Chase.

"Maybe I like you,"

9:54, 14 hours until beating,

I jump awake from a flash. I look over and see Smokey and Tris leaned over the seats with their phones out.

"Aww, you guys make the perfect couple," Tris says.

"Better than Tris'," Smokey says looking at Tris.

"Hey," Tris says as I pull myself from Chase's chest. I look over at him and see that he's still asleep. I look over at Smokey.

"What time is it?" I ask. She looks over at her phone and turns it to me. 9:55. "When are we landing?" I ask.

"In about thirty minutes," She says as a Snow leopard walks up to an intercom in the front of the plane and announces that we've arrived. Chase wakes up and looks at me. Sleepy.

"Morning sunshine," I say looking at him.

"M-morning," he says looking at me.

"So here's the plan. Smokey and I will go get unpacked in a hotel then, drive you guys to the log cabin outside the city. Then, go to orientation at SouthPaw around 4. Kay," Tris says to us. I look over at Smokey, who giggling while looking at her phone.

"What," She says when she looks up and sees us all looking at her.

"What'cha doin'," Chase says looking at her."Talking to some fur. Why," she says looking at Chase. "Who's this 'Fur'?" Chase asks."My girlfriend," she says, blushing. Everyone congratulates her and the plane lands. We get off and head over to WestCott Hotels. After Tris and Smokey check out a hotel room. Tris drives us to the log cabin. "Your parents said they bought the place around last year and they never used it. Said it was too 'Quite' for their taste. So, they said we could use it but I thought you guys would like to have a place to yourself so Tris and I made a plan to rent a hotel. Have fun. Keys to the garage. Small ford car rental waiting for you," Smokey said walking out while her tail hits me in the maw. I growl at her and she hisses at me. The door closes and I look around as Chase goes to the bedroom to unpack. I see a triangle-based house made from birch or oak wood. A small second floor with a fireplace on the bottom and top. 

The chimney is brick-based and built with brick. The living room has a small couch with quilted blankets laid on the back. Each one is designed with different colors and shapes. The living room is an open space with a small 32 by 24 flat screen T.V. hung above a small shelf. Each shelf, decorated with pictures of small forests and furs. Chase's parents and friends are on the first shelf and the second is rows of CDs and movies from the '90s and early 2000s. The living room leads into a small kitchen. Four cabinets rowed above a sink and countertop. The counter and sink are made with different designs and materials. A bright white and black sink surrounded by a white granite tabletop. I walk up and open one of the cabinets and see different canned foods. I close and open another. Plates and cups occupy the next one. I turn around and see a little built-in table at the end of the counter. Four chairs are placed around the table. There are four windows in the kitchen, six in the living room, and another two on the second floor. 

I walk into the bedroom and see Chase zipping up his backpack."There's only one bedroom," I say. 

"I searched the house. We have food for a few days. We also have a few blankets and a small couch with a second living room upstairs," I say walking over to Chase.

"Cool," he says as he hands me my bag.

"I'll sleep on the couch tonight," I say walking out and into the living room. I set my bag down on the light brown couch. 

"We could just sleep in the same bed," he says. I look at him in shock as memories of our little talk a few weeks ago flash through my head.

"Isn't that a little weird," I say looking at Chase. 

"Not like I don't want to, it's just. I'm gay and you're straight," I say looking at him. Confused."I think it's okay. Like you said. I'm straight," he says sweetly while looking at me. I grab my bag and walk into the room. I set my bag down and walk out into the kitchen. After a few hours. My car horn pierces through the quiet house. I jump from the couch and run outside. I jump into Tris' car and we wait for Chase. After Chase gets in, we drive to SouthPaw High School.