Chapter Four: Love's Love

4:06 pm, 10 hours before the beating.

We pull into SouthPaw High School's parking lot and pull into a spot. I get out and study the school's outside structure. Three or four floors with windows on every floor. I walk through a window door and enter a building filled with color and students. I look around and see different furs standing and talking. I look over at Chase and see a huge smile stretched across his maw.

"Having fun," I say jokingly as we walk through the halls. "It's a lot different th-," I get cut off when a mountain dog runs into me.

"Watch it," I say getting up.

"You must be new. Hate to say but, your gonna hate it here," He says looking at me. "I don't like faggots"

"Shut up!" Chase yells at the mountain dog.

"Knew it. Thought I smelled a few fags," He says looking at Chase. Chase sticks his paw out and helps me up.

"It's assholes like you that never go missing," I reply as I look at him.

"What can't take a little trash talk. I own this place," He says pushing me into Chase. I straighten out my body and walk over to the dog. "What are you going to do? Purr for me," he says laughing. His buddies laugh as they walk away. I look at Chase and start to cry. I feel weak as I take off into the halls. I hear Chase yell for me and I look back. Tears running down my face and muzzle. I turn around and continue to run. I run into a blue-haired fur. I fall and hit the ground, tears running down my face and maw. I taste the salty tears as I look up and see a German Shepherd or Wolf or both. I snort as the Wolf sticks his paw out. I grab his paw with care and he helps me up.

"You okay," he asks as he wipes the tears away on my cheeks.

N-no, I-I can't s-stop crying," I sob into the unknown furs shoulders. He pulls me into a hug and holds me tight. I hear a low voice speak from behind me.

"Is he your new boyfriend?" He asks as me and the random fur part.

"No, I'm just helping," he says as the two pull into a kiss. It warms my heart for a split second before flashes of Kota and Crisp suffering. I shake and enter a panic attack. I rush into a standing motion and run into a closed wall of lockers. I start to fall before some fur catches me.

"Glad I got here when I did," Chase says as his arms are intertwined. He pulls me into a vacant room and sits me down on a chair. I look at Chase and smile. The dizziness getting into my head and I giggle.

"Your cute," I say all loopy as Chase talks to the other furs.

"Names River and this is Yuri. We've been here for a few weeks helping out with setting up the classrooms and gym for the overnight stay tonight," he says. River looks at me and points. I smile and stand. I walk over to Chase and he grabs me on my shoulders helping me stay balanced. I wrap my paws around his upper arms and pull him into a kiss. Our muzzles meet and he returns the kiss. His paws find their place on the back of my neck and back. I place my paws in almost the same spot. The kiss lasted a few more seconds before we part. I look over and see River and Yuri both in aww.

"I'mma leaves with Yuri and fixes the... walls," he says as he pulls Yuri out of the room. I look over at Chase and smile. He looks at me, shakes his head, and leaves.11:41 around the same time Kota and Crisp leave the hospital.I look to the left and find an alleyway filled with different furs. I take lights steps and wall by, trying to avoid getting mugged. I look up and see a tall building with different lights and sounds coming from the entrance. Brightside's Strip Club. I laugh and think about Jessica. My last girlfriend. She was the biggest bitch I ever dated. "Buy me this, but me that". She was expensive and winy. Bitching on about how I couldn't serve in bed. She would yell and cry about how she thought I was gay and I wanted a guy instead of her. After a serious talk with myself. I dumped her and moved on. My name is River Love and I'm a 5'11" Wolf/German Shepherd mix with brown hair with blue dyed tips that's shaved on the sides and swooshed to the left giving my hair a little wave in the middle. I have brown fur with purple on the tips of my ears, muzzle, finger and feet, and tail. I live two miles outside of Brightside City. I live with my dad, two brothers, and sister. Mom and dad are out and family travels with dad and I get the house to myself. I'm the oldest, 17 years old and I go to a special school. HSA, Health Sciences Academy. Placed in Brightside Hospital. I continue to walk as my phone vibrates. I pull out of my jacket pocket and unlock it. Aubryana. One of my friends from HSA.