Chapter Nine: Sweet Show

"I was hoping for something more than a friendship," I say. His ears perk back up. He stares into my eyes. His dark brown eyes tell me everything I need to know.

"I want to date you," I say. His face flashes before he jumps into my ears and makes contact with my lips. I stumble back and find my back hitting the soft blankets of the bed. We part and he looks at me.

"I love you,"8:43 pm, 6 hours until beating,

I enter the school as furs with sleeping bags and pillows fill the hallways. I grab Chase's paw and stare. I feel my heartbeat fasten as my stomach fills with dread. I didn't realize the dread I would feel when walking through the halls. We enter the gym and set stuff down in the left corner of the gym. I look at Chase as Lightning flashes through the windows that decorate the walls of the gym.

"Is it gonna rain?" I ask pulling my phone out. I open my weather app and look at the current status of the weather. Thunderstorms. Great. Just what I need. Thunder claps and I jump.

"16 seconds. It's 3.2 miles away," Chase says. He pulls me into a kiss. We part as another flash of lightning hits the room. I jump as Chase pulls me into a hug. We sit there, waiting for the night to begin.

I wake up and stare at the ceiling. Nothing seemed the same. I'm in a different state. I'm dating a German Shepherd. I have to clear my head. I sit up and look at the hundreds of furs sleeping soundly as the Lightning flashes. I stand up and walk out of the gym and into the halls. The lights turn on through the hallway as I walk.

"Stupid fucking lights," I say as my eyes adjust to the light. I continue my walk through the halls as the wind blows raindrops onto the windows of the classrooms. I take a left turn and head down another hallway before a loud crack of thunder scares me and I back into a fur. I turn around and see the Wolf that I saw earlier today. He sends his paw into my jaw and I fall into the lockers. I grab the top of the lockers as another paw hits my stomach. The paw of his friends. It dawns on me. I'm outnumbered.

I hit the ground. Blood leaking from my muzzle. I cough and spit blood. I look up and see a wolf/mountain dog mix stare back at me.

"What's wrong. Can't take the pain," He says as his shoe makes contact with my stomach. I grunt as he kicks me again, again, and again. I feel blood leak from my nose as I look up. He bends down, picks me up, and pushes me. Sending me into a row of closed lockers. He laughs looking at me.

"Leo, world's biggest fag," He says looking at me. I feel my blood boil as fag escapes his maw. He sends a fist at my face and I duck. I hear his fist hit the lockers and he yells. I fly back up and punch him in the muzzle. He goes flying to the ground and he stares up at me.

"What can't take the pain," I remark in a raspy voice. I see him stand and I get into a fighting stance. I run at him and find myself at the end of a bat. A long, steel bat hits me on the side of the head and I fall. My head warms as blood fall from the wound. I put my paw on the wound and see blood. Blood fills my eyes as Seth walks up to me.

"Welcome, to SouthPaw High School," he says bending down and looking at me. I see another fur standing behind Seth. Holding a bat.

"That's enough," He says looking at Seth.

"NOT REMOTELY, NOW SHUT UP OR YOU'LL END UP LIKE THIS FAG!" he yells at his while looking at me.

"What," I try to say through the blood. "Can't beat up a gu-" I say as the sole of Seth's shoe comes down on my face. Knocking me out.

Chase's P.O.V

I turn my body and lay my arm on the empty spot where Leo is supposed to be. I open my eyes to darkness as Lightning brightens the room. I sit up and find my phone next to my sleeping bag. I grab it and turn it on. I cringe at the brightness and lower it before texting Leo. I turn my head to find Leo's phone buzz from his bag next to mine. I give a sigh and get up. I look around and find multiple furs sleeping on the floor. I walk to the exit of the gym and whisper Leo's name. After no response, I walk into the hallway and look into every open classroom. After a couple of classrooms. I hear a couple of voices come from down the hall. My ears perk and I walk to the end of the hall before hearing a couple of familiar voices along with Leo's.

"What?" Leo asks. Weak and raspy. "Can't beat a gu-". Leo goes silent as I round the corner. I see Seth and his friends standing over Leo. I stare at the puddle of blood eroding from his body and muzzle. I feel myself snap as I run to Seth. I watch as he turns and I send my fist into his maw. He falls back into the lockers as his friends run at me. I send another fist into the German Shepherd to my left and watch as he falls. I turn around and duck a punch before sending my leg into the crotch of the Leopard. He falls to his knees before hitting the floor on his side. I stand and look at the three fallen furs before running to Leo. I hear a thunderclap as the room lightens from lightning. I feel my phone buzz and I grab it as I pull Leo into my lap. I look at the notification that pops up as I turn my phone on. Tornado. My eyes go big as the wind whistles. I stand and carry Leo bridal style and head down the hall away from the gym. I turn the corner as every window shatters, sending shards down the hall. I drop to my knees and spin around. Shielding Leo from the shards. I feel hundreds of little shards hit my back. Cutting and drawing blood. I stand and walk down the hall as doors fly open and different windows shatter. I see small shards fly down the hall and I turn and head into a room. I put Leo on the table and close the door. Locking it. I fall to my knees as the ceiling collapses. I jump over to Leo as a rock hits me. 

Knocking me out.