[ Part 2: Getting Started ]

"I'm gonna be late I'm gonna be late-" Bennett thought to himself in a hurry, as he shoved his feet in his boots and brushed his hair. He had promised to be at Aether's house for band practice at 10:30 AM, but he had slept in for a bit too long and was now running late. He quickly grabbed a yogurt cup from the fridge, and ran outside to get on his bike. "I hope they didn't start without me.."

As soon as he got to Aether's house, he didn't even bother to pick up his bike, that fell as soon as he got off of it, and immediately ran up to the porch, then rung Aether's doorbell. A few seconds later, Lumine, Aether's twin sister opened the door.

"Hi Lumine.!" Bennett, being the friendly guy he is, held out his hand for Lumine to shake.

She rolled her eyes, and yelled out loud, "HEY AETHER!! YOUR WEIRDO FRIEND IS HERE!!"

Aether ran downstairs and shoved Lumine out of the way. "Hey-!"

"Hi Bennett! Come upstairs, we've been waiting for you." He grabbed Bennett's hand and dragged him upstairs. 

As soon as he walked in Aether's room, he saw an entire band set up. "Woah... did you buy all this..?"

"Yep! Impressive isn't it?" Aether looked proud of himself. "I had a lot of extra money from the time Lumine and I made a lemonade stand, so I bought most of these instruments. Some of them are from my sister's old band class though."

"Well, its better than nothing! So uh- how exactly are we gonna get started..? We have to write our own song, right?" Bennett looked over at Xingqiu, who agreed to take on the role of "lead singer", since it was his idea.

"Oh, right! Maybe we should start by singing a cover of a song. Before we start, do any of you actually know how to play an instrument?" He looked around the room.

Everyone was raising their hand.

"...I can play electric guitar." Razor muttered.

"Oh uh..I can play the triangle and piano." Chongyun said.

"I know how to play the drums!" Aether exclaimed.

"-And I can play the ukulele.!" Bennett spoke up.

"Maybe this will be easier than I thought...Alright, just practice with your instruments. Although I don't think we have a ukulele..." Xingqiu looked over at the electric keyboard piano. Bennett sighed, knowing he'd be the only one that would have to struggle with his part. Just his luck though.

"It'll be okay Bennett, you got this, I'm sure it'll only be for a day, do you have your own ukulele?"

Bennett shook his head.

"Oh..well then have fun learning!" Xingqiu took the keyboard and brought it over to Bennett, set it on his lap, then went to go do his own thing.

Yep. Just as he thought. He'd be the one struggling. This is sure gonna be fun..

Time skip

After a long excruciating day of trying to figure out how pianos even work, it was time to go home. He decided he'd stay at his friend Razor's house, since it was close to Aether's home, and he didn't feel like riding a bike at 10:00PM in the dark.

Razor and Bennett packed up as they headed to Razor's house.

"So, how is everyone?" Bennett asked. Razor lived with all girls. His mom's Jean and Lisa, and his little sister Klee.

"..Oh. They are doing..well. Klee still has her paint accidents." Razor giggled quietly.

Klee was notorious for spilling paint everywhere in the house, so she would have to be supervised very carefully every time she painted. One time Klee got blue paint all over their white carpet, and Razor's mom's were furious. Usually Razor would cover up for Klee when she did spill, or would help clean up. 

After a bit of talking, they finally made it to Razor's house, and Razor opened the door.

Lisa was in the living room, reading, while Jean was watching MLP with Klee. "Hi mom's. Hi Klee." Razor said, as he put his stuff down, and Bennett did the same.

"Hi Jean, Lisa, Klee." Bennett waved. Jean and Lisa waved back.

"BENNY!" Klee jumped off of the couch and hugged Bennett's leg.

"Hi Klee!" Bennett pat her head.

Klee let go of Bennett's leg and eagerly smiled, "Can we play together?"

"Sorry..not right now. Maybe another time, yeah?" 

"..Oh..ok. Thats fine!" She ran back to Jean and continued to watch MLP.

"We're going upstairs, to my room." Razor told his mom's.

"Have fun!" Lisa smiled at them, while Jean nodded.

Bennett and Razor walked up stairs, and sat down on his bed. "So, what you wanna do?" Bennett asked.

"I noticed you were struggling...I want to help." 

Bennett knew this was gonna be a long night.

A/N: hihiii sorry if this isn't long enough- I wrote it during class and I was a bit rushed. sorry if it sucks akjhdjkl anyways a lot of rannett fluff is gonna be in next chapter hehe , so stay tuned for that and like always take care everyone!