04 || Glowing Crystals

"You didn't take my chainmail, did ya?" A burley faun asked another posted three meters away. They stood guard between two tents, one of which happened to be Crystalline's. The angel couldn't help but to roll her eyes at that, knowing why there was guards there in the first place. Her father was the one who constantly ordered guards by her tent to always keeping an eye out for a mischevious angel trying to sneak her way out of another lecture. "No," the other faun grumbled, but then he turned back to the burley faun. "Did you take my chain mail?"

Crystalline continued to tiptoe along the outlines of Aslan's camp, hiding behind other tents to avoid their keen eyes. She hopped in the shadows, using the darkness as a cover as she scurried her way to her tent. Crystalline let out a relieved sigh when she saw that there was no light within the tent. Aha! He's not there, she cheered to herself. A night free from an angry father is a great night for Crystalline.

She quickly glanced around, pleased to see the guards at their same posts, and the same commotion between the two peculiar fauns did not falter. So she knelt down to the ground, tugging up the bottom of the tent to stretch a big enough hole for her squeeze under. Her ear was always trained on the fauns outside, making sure that they remained oblivious. Because her focus remained completely on them, she failed to sense another presence in her tent until a purr was heard.

"Gah!"

Crystalline squeaked, turning around quickly and drawing out her sword, only to meet the humored eyes of Aslan. Blast! Her sword was put away just as quickly as she drew it, berating herself for letting a blush growing on her pale cheeks. Calm down, she hissed to herself before clearing her throat. "Any reason as to why you are in my private quarters?" Crystalline questioned Aslan, allowing a lighthearted grin to tug at her lips as she walked to the corner to set her sword down.

"Any reason as to why you are returning so late?" He quarried back, his voice echoing with a hint of amusement at the sight of Crystalline squirming as she lit her lantern. She quickly whirled around, her flaming cheeks even more noticeable in the dimly lit tent. "I believe I asked you a question first."

Aslan let out a chuckle, his ever knowing eyes twinkling at her. "I was waiting for you, just like your father would," He hummed, making his way to the center of the tent where a Narnian-crafted rug laid. "Except, he would have a word for you in hopes of you finally confessing the truth of where you've been." Aslan stated calmly, his eyes following Crystalline as she walked towards the hammock, sitting down on it quietly.

"You have been searching for the kings and queens, haven't you?" He asked as he made himself comfortable on her rug. Crystalline blushed and looked down, about to refuse what he said before he interrupted. "Don't lie to me Crystalline," He demanded. "I know when you lie."

"How do you know?"

"Your face speaks louder than your words," Aslan mused. She huffed and rubbed her red cheeks frustratedly with a pouted mouth before letting out a defeated sigh. "Okay, yes. I have been looking for the kings and queens. And I found two!" She stated with a small smile.

"I can tell." He murmured, his eyes glistening with happiness. Her brows furrowed in confusion, following his gaze to her neck. She looked down at it, thinking that she'd see the familiar white glowing crystals, but to her surprise they were glowing bright blue. "Why is it blue?" Crystalline asked, looking up at Aslan once more.

"The white signifies their arrival, and the blue would mean you have met them," Aslan explained, eyeing the necklace and purred in delight. "The smallest crystal is the youngest," He stated.

Crystalline nodded in agreement, a gentle smile growing on her features. Her fingers traced the dainty crystal gingerly, memories of what happened earlier coming to mind. "Her name is Lucy Pevensie, she is a Daughter of Eve. She was the first to go through what she calls a 'wardrobe', into Narnia," she explained, letting a giggle slip past her lips as she said the last part.