12 || Overwhelming Emotions

This is a long chapter for you guys so enjoy! (:

***********************

(Crystalline's POV)

We ambushed the Witch's camp, slicing hags and gremlins in our way of searching for the chained king. I flew off my father's back, landing on my feet as I went on a full out sprint through the dark camp. I killed every wolf and deformed creature in my way while analyzing every detail of the camp in search of him.

"C'mon Edmund, where could you be?" I muttered to myself as I continued to fight my way through the enemy's territory. All I can hope for is that Edmund is okay and alive. Almost as if Aslan heard my silent prayer, to my left I could see the White Witch's dwarf circling around Edmund threateningly as he was tied to a tree with a dirty cloth covering his mouth.

I winced when I saw the sickly green bruise on his cheek and split lip, so I ran straight at them. Before the dwarf could react, I smack his temple with the hilt of my sword and knocked him out cold. He fell limp and I turned to a wide-eyed Edmund and pulled out a dagger from my belt. "Do you trust me?" I asked.

He nodded hesitantly, so I cut the ropes with one swipe of my dagger and pulled him up on his feet. As I tied the dwarf to the tree the same way they did to Edmund, I was talking to him.

"Before we go, I need to get something. Stay close, understood?" I said to Edmund as he yanked off the cloth tied over his mouth. He nodded and I grabbed his wrist before running full speed to one of the biggest tents in the camp.

I peeked inside, ignoring Edmund as he asked what I was doing. It was as dark and cold as the rest of the camp, but I knew that this was the right place; The White Witch's quarters. "What are we doing here? Crystalline, seriously!" He asked once more.

Aggravated, I turned around and sighed. "I'm taking back what's mine." I hissed at Edmund as I continued to make a mess out of her room. I was opening and closing cabinets, pulling out drawers until I finally found it under the bed.

I pulled out the rustic, brown, wooden box and smiled. "Finally." I sighed to myself before Edmund tapped my shoulder. "I think someone's coming!" He whispered.

My smile dropped and I turned to him and handed the box to him. "Hold onto this tightly and do not open it." I told him before grabbing his body and pulling it close to mine. He protested, but as heavy footsteps neared the entrance to the tent, I launched myself through the top and flew above the trees.

I followed the massive group of Narnians as we headed back to camp while trying to hold onto a squirming Edmund. "If you don't stop squirming I might drop you!" I said to him and he stopped immediately. "Well I'm sorry, but I am slightly terrified right now!" He spat sarcastically as he held onto my neck tighter.

The rest of the flight was silent and a bit tiresome since I was also holding a boy in the air with me. Edmund eventually fell asleep, so I was left with the faint sound of the Narnian fleet I came with down below and the breeze blowing against my ears. The sky was dark with bright stars scattered all over the endless black blanket like glitter.

I didn't mind that I wasn't sleeping since the land around me was enough company and distraction for me to stay awake. When I finally saw the familiar red and gold flags near dawn, I smiled and dove for the field right before it. I landed as smoothly as possible with Edmund in my arms before letting him step back and hand me the box.

"Here we are, your majesty. Come along, there is someone that awaits you." I say to Edmund before leading him through the sleeping camp. A few meters behind me, I heard the rest of the returning Narnians enter, a few saying goodnight to each other as they returned to their designated tents.