11 || Wolf Encounters

(Crystalline's POV)

I opened my tent with a smile, but it quickly dropped in shock when it landed on Susan and Lucy. They turned to me and giggled at my shocked face before I started smiling again.

"What do I owe the pleasure of sharing a tent with these two beautiful young queens-to-be?" I joked before Lucy crushed me in a big hug.

I took notice of their knew Narnian dresses and hairstyles as Lucy pulled away from the bone-crushing hug. Lucy wore an elegant sky blue ankle length dress with little details of gold swirling all around it. Susan wore a beautifully simple forestry green ankle-lengthed dress with long manageable sleeves.

Knowing that Susan would want to train with her bow, this is the best outfit for her so that she wouldn't have to worry about catching it in an arrow or having it in her line of sight.

"Anatre left you a dress on your cot, which I find to be absolutely wonderful. Come look!" Lucy exclaimed before wrapping her small hand around my wrist and tugging me towards my cot where a beautiful dress laid.

I am not one for dresses, but whenever Anatre made me one she makes sure it was just right for me. Not too tight or heavy and always airy and easy to move around in. This dress was one of her amazing masterpieces.

It was a beautiful pastel green with exquisite gold detailing all along the bodice and outlines of the dress. The neckline had a mixture or gold and white lace, making it seem much more out of my comfort zone.

But I did not question it.

Grabbing the dress, I went to the corner of our tent where a screen stood, also known as the changing quarters. I took off my old rags I wore in the long journey and slipped on the beautiful dress.

I stepped out of the changing quarters, seeing Anatre standing there and conversing with the two girls. Once they saw me, Lucy gasped and Susan complimented me. "You look wonderful as always, Crystalline." Anatre commented, a smile gracing her lips.

I brushed it off. "Oh don't start with that, Anatre. You were the one who sewed it!" I responded. She laughed, trotting towards me before leading me to the mirror leaning on the screen. "Yes and I'll be the one to also do your hair."

For another few minutes, I conversed with the siblings as Anatre fiddled with my hair, probably making the usual braid I always have. Knowing that I usually do the most absurd things any woman would do, Anatre knows for a fact that my hair shouldn't be down.

It will end up like a birds nest by dusk.

"There, all done."

I lifted my gaze towards the mirror, gasping in shock. I expected her usual over the shoulder braid with small flowers in it, but it wasn't like that at all. All my hair was pulled back into a braided bun with a few strands of hair left out on the sides of my face.

It made me look more..like a lady. "Oh I almost forgot." Anatre spoke up over my air of silence and awe before bringing over a tiny lavender boutique no bigger than my ring finger. She pushed the stem in the bun, causing the small lavender flowers to peek out the corner of my bun.

Okay. Now I'm practically a lady.

"I know it's much for you.."

"No, Anatre, it's beautiful! It's just that I might ruin it by the end of the day." I joked and Anatre laughed.

"I'm pretty sure that Peter wouldn't mind it at all." I heard Lucy mumble from behind me. My cheeks flared and since I didn't have my thick braid or hair down, nothing could cover it.