07 || Dreamful Lullabies

(Crystalline's POV)

"What?"

"How is that even possible?"

"When did it happen?"

Question after question spewed out of their mouths. The beavers were horrified, frozen in silence as the girls continued asking questions. They all wore the same shocked expression, not sure how to take in this newfound information. I simply stared at them hollowly, with my face grim. Raising my hand, I silenced them before speaking. "I don't remember how, but Aslan said that it occurred when I was younger-"

"Wait, you have known Aslan long before we came?" Lucy asked with an awestruck expression on her face. "Yes, I have known him ever since I was only a baby. Why?" I asked. Then Susan chimed in, her brows furrowed in confusion as she asked, "Well, if he had known you your entire life, then why hasn't he told you how the White Witch took your heart?"

I fiddled with my fingers and huffed heavily. "That's what I always wonder. He simply just doesn't speak of it, always saying that at the right time, he will show me." I replied with a slight frown on my face. After that, neither of them asked any questions. It was a solemn atmosphere that followed after, everyone entrapped in their own thoughts except for Mrs. Beaver.

"Hunter, aren't you supposed to get going?"

His eyes shot open before he gasped. "Ah yes! Thank you for reminding me!" He cried out before bowing to the children. "It was a great honor to meet you King and Queens of Narnia, and I sure hope I will be able to once more."

"Please, no need for the formalities. Simply Susan, Peter, and Lucy will do just fine." Susan replied with a smile. Hunter nodded before he tried to limp away. The aura the conversation emitted was overwhelmingly uncomfortable, and before I could even think, I called out after Hunter. "Wait!"

"What is it, Crystalline?" He asked. I ran up to him, taking off my necklace in the process. "Let me aid you, it will be quick," I stated before kneeling down beside him. Before he could object, I took my middle crystal from my necklace and kissed it. It glowed a deep yellow before I quickly held it over my palm and pressed it to his back.

He yelped at the sudden contact of my hand and his wound before he gasped. When I pulled my hand away, all that was left was small flesh wounds. "How did you do that?" He asked. The others peered over my shoulder and stared at his now almost healed wound in shock.

"I was gifted by the faeries to do this. I would have completely healed it, but I don't know how to properly do that so this was the best I could do." I explained giving him a smile. His eyes shined at me, mustering up a "Thank you." He bowed in thanks before disappearing into the woods.

I lingered there for a moment before Mr. and Mrs. Beaver called me over. "We need to rest before we travel to Aslan's camp." Mrs. Beaver said as she handed me and the children thick wool blankets and a long board of wood for each of us. "Why do we need boards?" Lucy asked before her brother took the supplies from her tiny hands to set it up.

"The board is to prevent you from getting wet. Instead of sleeping on the cold and icy floor, you will be on a dry board." Mrs. Beaver explained as she brought more wood for the fire. Because I knew that I won't be sleeping I thought of giving the supplies back, but then a shivering Lucy came in my line of sight and I knew what to do.

Her siblings were on each side of Lucy, but a feet or two away when I crouched down by her and tapped her shoulder. "Hm?" She mumbled as she looked up at me.

"Are you still cold?" I asked. "J-just a little bit, b-but--"

"Get up, please."

They all stared at me in confusion before Susan spoke up rather harshly. "What are you doing? It's late and we must rest."