15 || The Waiting Game

(Crystalline's POV)

Is it possible for emotions to make you sick? Well I am wondering that right at this moment because every time I think of Peter, my stomach flips and it feels too weird. Is that what's supposed to happen? All we did last night was kiss.

The kiss.

I almost completely forgot about it. It was a strange thing that I honestly thought only applied to animals of the same specimen. A female dryad and a male dryad. Female and male centaur. I never thought it can be shared between a human and some...angel?

Whatever and whoever it was supposed to be shared with, it was still momentous. It was my first kiss, and I never felt more on my toes than anything. Every single area of my body tingled and sparked when he kissed me. It was so bizarre, yet so amazing. It's something that whenever I think of it, it makes my stomach act up.

Groaning to myself, I once again felt my stomach flip at the thought of Peter. Since it is morning and I still haven't gotten any sleep, I might as well go ahead and walk around to ease my restless mind. Throwing off the covers, I silently removed myself off my cot and exited the tent without disturbing the future queens. I almost left my sword, so I quickly went back to my cot and grabbed it.

Once outside, I took in a big whiff of the crisp morning air and stared to the east. The sun hasn't risen yet, but no doubt in about forty minutes it will break the horizon. Starting my way to the fields, I let my wings graze the grass and let my bare feet get wet with morning dew. It brought me a sense of piece, knowing that I could feel these things.

For some reason, ever since I had gotten back my heart, I have been feeling everything. The jolt when my blade met another's, the burning sun on my sweaty face, the sounds of nature calling. Everything was heightened, and I knew that it was my heart. What I don't know is if I am going to feel the death of my own, the injuries inflicted upon me.

I payed no mind to it before, but now it fogs my mind up along with that dreadfully handsome Peter. I froze, catching my thought as my face paled.

Did I seriously say that Peter is extremely handsome?

Shaking my head clear of my jumbled thoughts, I continued to walk up the hill and towards the training fields. Why was I going there? I do not know. My feet were leading me as my mind unfocused from the world around me. Everything was peaceful, serene, it was easy to drift in a state of tranquility.

Until I heard the sound of metal smacking metal.

My wings raised off the ground and I took a hostile stance. The sound is coming from the training fields. My sword was drawn as I cautiously travelled up to the break of the hill where a saw what I did not expect to see. Standing ahead of me was a sweaty, blonde, Peter whacking a makeshift dummy viciously with his sword.

I watched him fake blocks and thrusts and parries with the dummy. His hair was drenched in sweat and you could see it soaking through all of him clothes. With a raised brow, I quietly sheathed my sword and leaned my weight on my hip. Letting out a loud cough, Peter quickly whipped around and dropped his sword in terror.

"Now that is something you don't do in battle." I spoke sarcastically and smiled at him. Peter's glimmering blue eyes shined with embarrassment and his cheeks red with exhaustion, but yet he still flashed a smile.

"Not planning to." He replied before picking it up and sheathing it. Peter walked up to me, glancing all around before his eyes looked at my bare feet. "Any reason as to why you decided to become one with the earth?" Peter playfully remarked as I nervously wiggled my toes.