08 || Awkward Misunderstandings

The picture above is the crystal that Father Christmas gives Crystalline! But imagine its white lol

READ END NOTES!!!
Ps: I never proofread lol

******************

(Peter's POV)

"Well look what we have here! C'mon love birds, time to fly the nest!"

I slowly opened my eyes to the blinding sunlight and let out a yawn before feeling someone dig their face deeper in my chest. I looked down momentarily to see Crystalline smoothly wake from her slumber and look at me before jumping away. I too jumped away in shock as everyone down below laughed at our reactions.

"Did we fall asleep up here?" Crystalline whispered as her reddened cheeks burned more at the sound of Mr. Beaver's laughter. I shrugged and awkwardly scratched the back of my neck, willing myself to not start blushing before looking down at the amused faces. "Yeah, we did I guess."

"You know, we don't have all day!" Mr. Beaver called out again as Crystalline rolled her eyes at him. "We'll be right down!" She yelled, stretching out her wings a bit before turning to me. "Do you need help getting down?"

I shook my head with a small smirk. "It'd be best if we didn't give them an encore," I joked before I started climbing down the tree. Her laughter soon followed, and a loud whoosh passed over me as she flew to the ground smoothly. Once I joined them on the ground, I met the eyes of an amused Susan and rolled my eyes at her before nearing Lucy and the beavers. "May we get going?" I asked as I pulled Lucy by the hand to the dead fire.

"Yes, we may. And in the mean time you can tell us what a wonderful night you both had, Hm?" Susan chimed in as she walked along side Crystalline. If it was even possible, her cheeks reddened even more which made my cheeks flare the slightest. "Whatever, Susan," I mumbled before following the smirking beavers through the forest with Lucy by my side.

"Peter?"

"Yes Lucy?" I asked as we continued through the snow and wood.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
(Crystalline's POV)

I saw Peter burn a deep red as Lucy asked him a hushed question and smiled. She giggled at him, which he responded with a small tickle to her side. I raised an eyebrow at their interaction, wanting to desperately eavesdrop on what they were saying before Susan nudged me.

"Yes?"

"Mind telling me what went on last night?" She asked. I knew I couldn't brush this topic away from her since she clearly has asked more than once. I have a feeling she will continue to nag me until I tell her. With a shrug, I stated simply, "he just climbed up the tree, and accompanied me before we both fell asleep. That is all."

"Yes, because it is completely common for a girl to just fall asleep wrapped tightly in a boy's arms," She retorted and I blushed yet again. "I didn't know we fell asleep that way," I whispered sheepishly as I looked down at my feet. I didn't even remember falling asleep last night, nor do I remember cuddling up to Peter. If I did so, it must've been for warmth, not for the reasons the others keep teasing us about. At least I hope so.

"Hey,"

I looked up at her and she smiled. "It's okay, don't be embarrassed. It's not like you broke any rules of some sort." She said and my smile dropped. I felt my face gradually pale, and it was suddenly a bit harder to breathe. Shame weighed on me, and all I could do was look away. I did break a rule.