2 | London Boy

Violet

"HI." I stood in front of him, hoping he doesn't think that I'm a crazy person for ruining his solitary moment. "Um, so I saw that you have a charger and my phone died and I was wondering if I could maybe possibly borrow it?" I awkwardly huffed out a laugh. This is going great!

"Oh, yeah. Of course." he spoke. British accent. This man is British. Oh God, I am embarrassing myself in front of a cute British boy. Way to go, Violet.

He grabbed his silver charger from the table beside him, handing it over to me. I extended my hand out to grab it and I couldn't tell if my hand was trembling or not. It definitely felt like it was shaking, but I prayed to the depths of the tundras that it wasn't.

"Thanks." I walked back to my seat, grasping the handle of my suitcase and rolling it to the small charger station that was planted a few feet away.

The charger station had a table, holding all of the charging ports, and a few chairs spread around the area. I sat down on the ground, resting my back against the wall as I plugged the charger into the only outlet that was connected to a wall. The table and chairs weren't occupied, I just feel better sitting on the ground— force of habit.

My phone was still on the black screen as I waited for it to start back up again. I decided to shut my eyes for a moment, being I haven't slept since last night. I would have slept through the day, but I was busy dealing with the Glenna Humphrey drama, and ignoring my mom's overbearing text messages expressing how excited she was to see me. Why is she now excited to see me? You're a little late, mom.

I fixed my eyes on my knees, tapping them with my fingertips to entertain myself as I waited. Suddenly, I heard footsteps patter on the hard ground. Louder and louder they got as I tilted my head up to see who the culprit was.

It was him.

"Hi." he had an awkward smile on his face as he placed his thumb on the tip of his bottom lip. He took the high ground, standing over my sitting body.

"Hi?" I questioned, wondering why he decided to talk to me. I was so sure that he wanted me to use his charger. Maybe he was trying to take it back?

"I didn't quite catch your name. You seemed interesting and... I like interesting." I tried not to succumb to the tight feeling in my chest as I heard him say that he likes interesting. But does that mean that he thinks I'm weird? Am I being bullied right now?

"Wow, I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not." I responded, standing up from my seat on the ground and now only a few feet away from him.

"Definitely a compliment..." he tilted his head toward me, waiting for an answer on his name question.

"Violet, Violet Steele."

"Well... interesting, Violet Steele. I am... not as interesting, Louis Partridge." he bowed his head, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Well, by the looks of you, you seem quite interesting to me, Partridge." I shook his hand, quickly pulling back once it was over.

"Compliment?"

"Sure, you tell yourself that." he laughed, and I smiled to myself.