8 | Everything I Didn't Say

Louis

        YESTERDAY WAS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE. After Violet and I's whole thing, I may have locked myself in my trailer and cried a little (crying is manly, okay?). Then, we got called back onto set and I forgot most of my lines. We redid take, after take, after take, after take, and I, for some reason, couldn't simply say, "Why would we want to attract the bloody sharks?"

        Today was Sunday, one of the only days of the week that I have off from set and I just don't feel in the mood to do anything— literally, like I don't even want to get out of bed.

        I scrolled through my phone, seeing pictures of my friends with their girlfriends and vice versa. I really thought that Violet and I had something. She told me that she never kissed anyone before, meaning that I was her first. Was she disappointed? I ruined her first kiss, didn't I? That's why she's not calling, or texting, or facetiming— I don't know! I gave her my phone number, and she just never got back to me.

        What I want to know is if she doesn't like me, why was she so angry that I had my arm around a girl? You would think that if she actually liked me that she would shoot me a ring and at least say 'hi'.

        Yes, I do know where she lives and I could've driven to her house whenever I wanted to, but one; I barely have the time to eat with my terrible filming schedule and two; I was waiting for her call.

        I just wish I told her so much more . I wish I could've told her that she is the best person I have ever met, and that she makes me feel things even when she's not there. I wish that I could rewind and go the airport earlier so I could've talked to her for longer. I wish that I could kiss her again, and have her head on my shoulder one more time. I wish I told her everything that I didn't say, that I want to tell her so badly now. I guess, I just kind of miss her. A lot.

        "Lou, mum wants to talk to you." Millie said, just outside of my bedroom. I've been in here all day— it's 2 P.M. now. Issie tried sliding in a jam sandwich, but I wasn't hungry.

         I just feel... weird. No one has ever made me feel like this and I've been rejected plenty of times. This one just- it just feels wrong. There's something that I'm missing here and I have no idea what it is.

        I know she doesn't like me and I have lost everything between us. She looked so angry at me. I made her feel that way, and I can't even tell her the truth. If it was actually my girlfriend then I would hopefully have my arm around her. But I lost her. Violet hates me, but she should have called. But I should've driven over there. Why are we such a mess? Things were so much easier while we were flying thousands of feet in the air. We finally hit the ground and everything goes to shit.

        "Lou?" Mum walked into my room and sat down beside me on the bed. "What's wrong, honey?"

        "Nothing. I'm fine." I'm the opposite of fine actually. My whole world is crumbling just in a matter of hours. How did everything fall so fast? I was fine just daydreaming about her all the time, and now that I actually see her, she wants to be as far away from me as possible.

        "You're not fine. Tell me what's wrong."

        "Really. I'm good." she took a deep breath in and a deep breath out, motioning someone in from the door. Issie and Millie walked in as mum walked out, closing my door behind her.

        "It's Violet, isn't it? You haven't said a word to any of us since you went to the park with Millie." Issie said, sitting on my desk chair while Millie sat at the foot of the bed.

        "She saw me with Millie and she thought that she was girlfriend." I said, my head drooping down.

        "Did you tell her that she wasn't?" Millie chimed in.

         "You know I can't. I signed an NDA. I could go to prison or something." I shrugged my shoulders.

        "Louis, you are the most stupid person on this whole entire planet." Millie smacked the back of my head.

        "Hey! What was that for?"

        "For your stupidity! Who is she going to tell? Do you really think that she would turn you into the authorities saying 'Louis Partridge told me that he's starring in a movie alongside Millie Bobby Brown. Please sue him and take him to jail.' Do you really think that she would do that?"

        I shrugged.

        "No, she wouldn't," Issie replied, getting up from the chair and lowering her head towards mine. "Louis, how did you give her your phone number?"

        I whispered in her ear.

        Issie scoffed, "You did what?" her eyes widened as she stood up to her normal stature, her voice raising higher than the set volume.

        "I thought it was cute, okay!"

         "But that's stupid!" her hands went to her hair and her eyebrows narrowed.

        "What did he do?" Millie asked.

        "Here, let me tell you. I could barely say this out loud." Issie whispered into Millie's ear as Millie's jaw fell open.

        "Why would you do that?" Millie's voice now being the loudest thing in the room.

        "It sounded romantic at the time! Why is everyone attacking me?" I asked, getting up from the bed and towering over them.

        "Louis, you are such an idiot. Your writing is the size of an ant," Millie gritted her teeth. "Why are boys are so stupid?!" her hands spastically flailed around.

        Issie sat down on the bed as I stood over her. She's going to give me a lecture on impractical situations, huh.

        "Louis, do you like her?" her eyes were intensely set on mine.

        I nodded, "Of course I do."

        "Do you love her?"  I bit my lip. Love. How fast can someone fall in love? I heard that it could take years, or maybe even never. But with her, I can never stop talking, I could never stop smiling, I could never stop wishing that this wasn't going to be a one time thing. Even if she hates me, I still I want her to have the best life ever— even if it doesn't involve me. Everything is nothing without her. And people might call me naive or a hopeless romantic, but love isn't a thing you prove, you just feel it. And I think I feel it.

        I nodded.

        "So you love her, you can't let that slip away, no matter how incredibly stupid you are,"I huffed out a laugh as I lowered my head. "you deserve better and she definitely deserves better."

        Violet hates me. Will she even want to see me? Even before our eyes met, hers were already tear filled. I just added onto the pain.

        "But she leaves today. She's going back to California—"

        "Then you better leave right now." Millie stated.

Ah! Okay, I'm so excited! We have one more chapter!! We're in the endgame, my happy snails! Let's go!!!!

I love you, see you in the end ;)

- x, Sofia