To you 2,000 years from now

"But I haven't ... I haven't told her yet."

Levi forgot what his dream was about the moment he woke up. If he was completely honest, it felt like he had been dreaming for a long time and it was unusual since his insomnia would never let him sleep more than three hours.

"Captain Levi!"

He recognized the voice of the young boy almost too well. After basically becoming his nanny, Levi always made sure to keep an eye on Eren which at the moment he wasn't doing a good job. It was strange because he didn't know how he got here, laying under the shade of a tree and alone.

It was peaceful ... strangely peaceful.

Maybe it was because of the tree he planted six years ago when Isabell and Furlan passed away. Now it was fully grown and he couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic.

"Captain Levi, Ms. Maria is waiting for you!"

Eren waved side to side as he tried to get the attention of the Captain, he had already seen him but humanity's strongest soldier looked to be puzzled and even lost at the moment.

The young boy decided to run-up to the hill where Levi was, just to make sure he listened to him. As he reached the top, Levi was already on his feet. To Eren it was surprising to see the Captain like this. Especially since he always looks aware of his surroundings and be ready for action all the time.

But right now he looks lost and there was no doubt that the nap he took made him lose consciousness of time.

Not only that but there was more to Levi's face that shocked Eren with a sense of deja-vu.

"Captain Levi ... are you crying?"

.

.

.

After being scolded and threatened by his Captain, Eren was well aware that he shouldn't tell anyone about what he saw earlier. Especially to Ms. Maria since she was the one to be more prone to worry about Captain Levi.

With everything that was going on, the last thing Eren was thinking of doing was cleaning. If he was being completely honest, he didn't think that Captain Levi was one to be obsessed with cleaning. If anything he thought he would be too 'manly' for that or that would spend his time doing something better like training or something of that matter.

Going back to the old cottage and finding everyone cleaning was actually not a bad sight. It was as peaceful as it can be and it even made Eren feel nostalgic at watching the Levi squad acting so ... Home-like.

Brooms, head bandanas, cleaning out the dust and using newspaper to clean windows. Now that he thinks about it, Eren has been cleaning more than expending time on Ms. Zoe's experiment.

"Ah, you guys are here ... What took you so long?"

She opened the door, brown hair groomed in a ponytail and Scout Regiment uniform. A white bandana over her hair and broom in hand. There were many questions Eren had about Ms. Maria. He had always seen her as a mother figure, especially since she looked after them when he, Mikasa, and Armin were refugees at the Trost's refugee facility.

As many questions as he had, he knew he couldn't ask any of them.

Maria didn't mind cleaning, the only thing that bothered her was that Levi wasn't around because normally he was the one to take the lead on matters like this. Not only that but he seemed more enthusiastic about coming back to the old cottage and cleaning because no one has been there for a while.

"Sorry, it was my fault ... I had a hard time finding Captain Levi," Eren replied as he tried to make an excuse but feeling the brunette's eyes on him wasn't helping.