Alone

"Have you ever imagined how your life would be without me?" 

It was unusual for Levi to ask such things, most of the time it was the brunette who would come up with questions like this. She even looks taken back a little. 

It was such a nice moment of peace between the two, the soft wind caressing their faces as their backs touched the grass. The trees around them provided enough shade for both and they had just awakened up from their slumber.

"Yes ... it was sad," Maria responded as she turned her body to face her boyfriend. The word still feels strange but little by little she was getting used to it.

"Have you?"

"Yes."

"And how did it feel?"

"... Angry," Levi holds onto her hand. His face had a small frown and his eyebrows were furrowed. The thought alone was infuriating, he dares to think of living a life where she was not there. 

"I would fight anything ... Anyone who dares to even think of taking you away from me, anyone who interferes with our happiness, I would-"

Maria stops him as she kisses his forehead, the angry look on his face instantly disappears, and instead, the brunette sees Levi's face relax. His eyes softened and his lips had the softest of smiles. 

"I am here Levi," she reassured him, caressing the edges of his face with her hand. "I won't leave you ... I promise."

.

.

.

"Was that ... A lie too?"

Softly opening her eyes, Maria tried to recollect what had happened last night. She couldn't remember much but from what she could recall yesterday of Lance scolding her, she knew it wasn't anything good.

"You are so skinny, do you even eat?"

"This is not how I imagined spending this night."

"If you end up like this again because of him, I swear he is going to hear from me."

Maria didn't know if it was because Lance was a gentleman that he cared about her. Or because in the last month they had developed a nice friendship. Maybe it was both.

She tried to stand up, feeling a little weak from the night before. There was no doubt that she was in a hospital room and that the man in front of her was no other than Lance.

He looks to be in an uncomfortable position. Resting his back on a wooden chair, his head touching his right shoulder and his round glasses almost slipping from his face.

Maria slowly made her way towards him intending to take off his glasses so they wouldn't fall. Very delicately, she grasps the edge of the round glasses but before she could remove them; Lance took her wrist with his hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked as he kept eye contact with Maria.

Their eyes met for a couple of seconds in which the brunette took a moment to appreciate Lance's beauty. He always looks uptight, even a bit uncomfortable with his medical uniform on. But this morning, he looked more relaxed, his blond hair a bit of a mess, dark circles under his eyes as she was sure he didn't rest well, and his green eyes.

She didn't have words to describe them, but they were beautiful, they could maybe even compete with Levi's.

"Do you know you have beautiful eyes?"