Farewell

Lance.

School wasn't easy for everyone, not even for a kid with a good status like Lance Kayser. It was a bit of goodluck for Lance's father to be able to marry a woman of wealth. A love story that Lance was very fond of and had to tell to his friends every now and then because they couldn't understand how a commoner was able to marry someone of high class.

"Lance, you may be rich but if you keep this up you'll definitely be repeating this year!" his friend, Finn said as he walked next to the blonde young boy.

"I know that, but no matter how much I try, things just don't go my way!," Lance ruffled his hair out of desperation. He needed to study rreally hard this upcoming weekend if he was planning to pass his finals.

"You are worrying too much! Why don't we go downtown tonight and get some drinks? See some girls?" his other friend, Ben, placed his arm across Lance's shoulders.

"No, I'm sorry, you know I'm engaged," says Lance as he looks around him. If there was anything more boring than studying it was probably this place. Nothing interesting ever happened, the same classes, the same people. Living inside Wall Sina was a privilege but Lance much preferred visiting his grandparents in Wall Maria, it was a different environment.

"Well you aren't married yet, so you should have some fun while you can!"

"Exactly Lance, you don't even know if the girl is beautiful and everything a man can wish for!"

He appreciated his friends trying to help and motivate him. However, if there was anything his mom ever made clear to him, was that if he ever were to cheat on his wife, she would never forgive him. That and also his dad taught him to always be a gentleman towards any lady.

"Well, even if she's unattractive, I have to respect her ... She's going to be my wife whether I want her to or not."

"You're sixteen ... Are you sure you want to get married this young?"

"Well, my brother was supposed to marry her, but because of his death ... now it's my duty to do so."

Ben and Finn share a look and with a heavy sigh, they look back at Lance.

"Anyway, you never know she may be beautiful too!" Ben says. "Do you know her name?"

"Yes, I'm not allowed to see her until the wedding day, but her name is Maria Turret, daughter of Harris and Amelia Turret."

"Hariss Turret? My brother gets tutored by him!" Fin smiles as he gets a mental image of the teacher. "He is a good professor but I still don't think he is of high status for his daughter to be marrying someone like you."

"Yes, but our families have been friends since forever so they just wanted to unite our families into one," although Lance didn't want to admit it, he was nervous. One because he was stupid and second because he couldn't believe his future father-in-law was a teacher.

"Well, I wish you well my friend, something is for sure though, the wedding is going to be unforgettable."

Suddenly, their attention focused on the chattering of young girls. Their classmates surrounded another boy, tall, with freckles and red hair.

"Who is he?" Lance asked as he watched the female population lose their mind over the boy.

"That's the new boy, Nicholas Flaherty," said Finn, watching with a little bit of jealousy.

"Flaherty? As in the royal family?" Ben takes his arm off Lance's shoulders, his attention on the new boy.

"Yes, but rumor has it that his mom was a prostitute from the underground," Finn says. "Either that or, he is on another level when it comes to status."