Love & Hate

Elise

Somehow, dresses didn't feel right anymore, although after five years she had grown used to them. They were heavy and scratchy, it was very hard to move and she much preferred to wear combat boots than heels.

At least that's what Elise Dietrich thought.

She sometimes dreams of sleeping in the old barracks of the Survey Corps. Or late-night walks, while she talks with Leone. Talking to her squad about all the meat they would like to eat if only they had the money.

Five years passed and the only thing that she regrets is not being able to escape this hell.

A hell that has become her home.

Now she is waiting for a new client. Ready to be touched by him in one of the prettiest rooms she's ever been. And still, she preferred to be here than at her parent's house.

.

.

.

Year 845

After Elise told Levi about Maria's location, she could only go to one place. Levi already promised her he was going to do his part of the deal, now it was only a matter of her doing the rest of the dirty work.

It took her a couple of nights to get to her home in Wall Sina and on the third night, she was already at the front door. Well, more like the front gate.

Elise knew the mansion of her parents very well and she knew how to get in and how to get out without being noticed by the guards. After all, she had learned to sneak out just to see her military lover years ago.

She tried to make as little sound as possible as she walked through the corridors of her home. Elise didn't have fond memories of this place. If she was sincere at all she could classify the whole place in three sections.

First section. In the dining room, only in the dining room, she could meet with her parents and not speak a word. The only interaction she could have with them.

Second section. The entire house where her parents would take the time to torture her in case she misbehaved.

Third section. Her room where she was allowed to cry.

But tonight she wasn't going to her room, she was going to her brother's room. The last time she talked to him must have been when he was around ten. They were never really close and they only share looks from time to time.

Now he must be around 9 or 11 and she really didn't care about him.

He was deep asleep when Elise entered his room. Sleeping so peacefully and Elise wondered if she ever had a night like that. That must be what love does to you.

Her parents never loved her but they did love her brother. And she didn't want to care ... she did.

Taking a small dagger out of her brown jacket's pocket, the blond woman knew exactly what to do. There were two options. She could cut his neck and let him bleed or strike him directly onto his kidney. The pain would be so great that he would be immobile and unable to scream.

And as she saw her young brother, she opted for the first option as it would make it seem that a paid assassin has done it.

She just needed one clean cut, just that and she could have everything she wanted. The inheritance of her family, acceptance, and love.

But as she was to use her dagger on her brother, as she was going to take the life out of him, she realized ...

She couldn't do it.