Feelings Are Fatal- mxmtoon

Every day.

Everyday Mikoto and Kusuo's love is thrown at my face, and for what? Literally what did I do to deserve this? Maybe I'm not good enough, maybe im just selfish. I really shouldn't be selfish, but then again.

NO

NO

NO

Kusuo is your best friend, you must continue to help him out. And that's what I'm doing today.

Today is their one year anniversary and I'm out shopping with kusuo, we're getting Mikoto a gift. He needed a feminine view so he asked me to come with him, and since she makes him happy I couldn't say no.

"I can't wait for our one year anniversary, I'm surprising her with a date at the fair. Like those cliche romance movies we watched as kids" he cheered and I silently nodded, he can't even notice when I'm not okay? When my head is scrambling with thoughts? As expected when he's in love mode.

"What would be a good gift for Mikoto?" He asked me "well, she's a very eccentric girl. So maybe something as good as her? Like a necklace that reminds you of her? Or a... Brace...let"

The bracelet I gave him was gone, not on his wrist.

"Hey, where did you put your sun bracelet?" I asked him "oh I had to take it off so I could wear the one Mikoto gave me" on his wrist layed a wide bracelet with a zodiac sign, like her hair pin.

So that's it?

I'm just being erased.

This doesn't make any sense though, what happened when we lost touch.

No.

Nothing happened, we just simply lost touch.

"Guess it's time for me to also find a new bracelet" I awkwardly chuckled "yeah they were old anyways"

Ouch.

The whole time there I wasn't exactly there, I went to the place I felt most safe. I went into the place I loved most, our old fort. The one we made as kids.

"Fort saikaraki" was our fort. We made the best memories there, like the time we stayed up late telling stories and falling asleep, or the time when me and kusuo kissed under the fairy lights.

....

WHAT!?

Why am I remembering that!? That isn't right, especially when he's in love with someone else.

I mean, I've been pushing these negative thoughts aside for 6 months, I've also been distancing myself from him more often. I have been hanging with kaidou a lot. And mera would sleep over at our house, she'd eat all our food and then we would talk about crushes. She was a great listener and talker, always had good advice and knew exactly what to say.

"(Y/n)" I heard saiki call my name "oh sorry, what happened?" I asked him "do you think this is a good dress for her?" He asked me "pink would clash with her, maybe try a dark red or a dark green" he nodded and grabbed a dark red dress.

"Kusuo, are we still best friends?" I asked him "of course we are, why do you ask?" He asked me "well, it's just that things don't feel the same anymore. It's like we're walking mindless through the dark" I said as I kicked a pebble "well, what did you expect? We can't stay kids forever"

...

Then it's true.

He isn't mines anymore.

And I'm not his either.

"Your right, guess we all grow up"

I wanna die.

Instead of going home, I stayed at the park. I wanted to clear my mind and what better way to do that than connecting to nature. I sat on the grass talking to a rabbit, ranting to the creature about how I was fully prepared to sacrifice my happiness for him.

"Fujiwara San? What are you doing here?" Someone asked me, half startling me "clearing my mind" I replied as I softly stroked the rabbits fur.

"Mind if I join you?" They asked me. I patted the spot next to me and they sat down. It was silent for a while, they didn't speak and. I didn't either.

"Had a bad day?" They asked me, I turned to look at them. It was kaidou "more or less, today I came to terms with what I had with someone" he nodded and handed me a drink. It was a peach tea "thanks" I thanked him and gingerly opened my drink.