~Chapter 2~

Jake POV

At lunch I sat next to Drew as usual, and was blushing a little bit the whole time. I'm glad none of my friends noticed this, or at least didn't say anything. 

Although, this has been happening for almost a whole week now. I barely even ate anything, and Drew seemed to look at me with worry.

"Jake? Not to act like your dad or anything but, why aren't you eating again?" Drew asked with concern. "Uh.. I'm not that hungry." I answered. I really was hungry, but I couldn't eat, so, best to lie rather than worry, I suppose. 

"You've been saying that for the past week now. What's up?" Liam said, too with concern. "What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine! Just.. on a diet!" I lied.

I looked at the clock on the wall above the exit of the cafeteria, and came up with an excuse to leave, and not have to answer anymore questions. 

"Oh! Would you look at the time? I better get going to rehearsal! See you guys!" I said, before standing up and bolting out of the cafeteria. I may have left my tray, but, I didn't want to see them worried for me. 

Besides, there's nothing to even be worried about. But..

As soon as I exited the cafeteria, I clutched my stomach. 

It hurt. Alot. It felt as if someone were stabbing me again, and again. I shook it off and went on my way to the music room. 

Upon entrance, everyone was there. Luke gave me a look that said, 'How'd it go?' and I shook my head slightly. 

"Well would you look at that, you're on time for once." Hailey said, rolling her eyes. "Ha, yeah.." I said, trailing off at the end of my sentence.

"Is.. there a reason why you're holding your stomach like you're bleeding?" Milly asked. "Oh, no, I was just.. Uh.." I said, trying to think of an excuse. 

"Erm.. was.. Kicked! Yeah, someone kicked me in the stomach." I answered. "Who?" Sean questioned. "I didn't see their face." I lied again. 

Hailey rolled her eyes once more. "At least you're okay. Now, let's start rehearsals." She said.

After school I saw my friends, but walked past them. I wanted to avoid them questioning me not eating. 

When I got home, I quickly snuck upstairs to my room and dropped my backpack to the ground, before slipping off my jacket and hanging it up. After doing so, I kicked off my shoes and flopped down face-first onto my bed.

As I was sitting in my bed thinking of something to do, I heard my phone ring beside me. I picked it up and saw that it was Liam. Of course, I answered it. 

"Hello?" I said. "Hey Jake, uh, would you mind coming over to Drew's place real quick?" Liam said. "Yeah, we need major help!" I heard Henry call from a distance. 

"I TOLD YOU I'LL BE FINE!" I then heard Drew scream at the top of his lungs. "No, you won't!" Liam then yelled back. "On my way." I said, and hung up the phone.

I grabbed my jacket and threw it around my waist, and put my shoes back on. 'Wonder why Drew was screaming.' I thought to myself. 

'He didn't sound like he was crying at all, just mad. Well, I guess I'll have to wait and see.' Just as I took a step outside I heard behind me, "Jake!" I turned to see my Mom in the kitchen giving me a look. 

"Good grief, you come home and can't even be bothered to say 'Hi' to your mother? And where are you going now"?

I sighed. "Sorry Mom, busy day, just wanted to rest my head." I said. "You aren't still giving those music kids trouble, right?" She said. 

I hadn't told her I was in the music club yet, I wanted it to be a surprise. "Uh.. no." I said the truth, but sounded like I was lying. She walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Honey, listen. You know you're one of them. 

Why do you still give them trouble..?" My Mom asked, and I turned my face away from hers. She placed her hand on my cheek. "Jake.. You know you can sing. Why don't you?"

I didn't answer her question. I just averted my gaze to the window. She pulled me in for a hug. "I love you, sweetheart." She said, before placing a kiss on my forehead. 

"Run along now, and go do whatever you were going to. Just don't do anything dangerous nor illegal. Got it?" I nodded, and ran out of the door.

I hated lying to her, but I wanted the competition to be a surprise, and if I told her I stopped picking on the music club, then she would be suspicious. 

------

Word count: 819